Become a Patron!

3rd smok tank not registering ohms correctly?

baevans11

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a similar post but didn't really receive any help so I'm trying a little differently. I have two smok micro tvf4s and one baby beast and the BB is the 3rd one 2 start registering ohms completely different after just unscrewing and screwing the tank back on the mod. They will go from .3 ohms which is what I built them as then all of a sudden it will say short all the screws are secure the bottom of the coil is secure as is every other part. Then it will read 1.5 or 2 ohms then .6 basically all over the place and when I put them on the ohm meter it will constantly jump all over the place. These are the same builds I've used time and time again so I don't think it's me. The BB is working for now but that bottom pin which transfers energy from the mod has about 1/8 of play in it and move quite easily. My micro tanks won't register at all now but they started out just like BB is doing now they would work for awhile then I'd have to screw and unscrew 20 or 30 times to get it to read right. I'm at a loss and could use some help. I'm about to just buy a new tank but if that's not the problem I don't want to. BTW the BB is only 2 mos old.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a problem with your mod, specifically you 510 connector.
Check that the pin moves freely.

baevans11

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like a problem with your mod, specifically you 510 connector.
Check that the pin moves freely.
It moves slightly. Is that a part I can replace? If so where can I find one? My alien is only 2mos old I would've thought it would last longer than that.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It should moved freely if pushed downwards and move back up when released.
If it's stuck in a downward position it's not going to make good connection with the tank.

You should try fiddling with it to release it and if that doesn't help it should be taken apart or replaced.

VU Sponsors