Become a Patron!

3mg Finally!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The cravings have finally leveled out after 3 weeks of occasionally cheating. I dropped from 8mg to 3mg. So I expected to cheat a bit from the start. But I've been straight 3mg or less for 2 weeks now.

Juice usage, shot through the roof during this period. As much as 40ml a day at one point. Normal usage was between 10 & 15ml a day. That too has finally settled back down.

So if you're considering dropping. Give it a go. :)

PS: I still want a cigarette occasionally. But that passes quickly too.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats friend!!
I went from 18mg to 12mg to 6mg and now I alternate between 3.5mg and 3mg
I find when I need that little extra nic, the 3.5mg does the trick for me.
Right now, my next mixes will be down to 3mg but I am thinking of trying 2.5mg
Vape on!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The cravings have finally leveled out after 3 weeks of occasionally cheating. I dropped from 8mg to 3mg. So I expected to cheat a bit from the start. But I've been straight 3mg or less for 2 weeks now.

Juice usage, shot through the roof during this period. As much as 40ml a day at one point. Normal usage was between 10 & 15ml a day. That too has finally settled back down.

Why drop in the first place?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why drop in the first place?
The goal is to quit entirely. This isn't a hobby for me, a way of life, or a coolness factor. It's a means to an end.

If we all continue to vape. Have we not exchanged one habit, for another? And while I've gone from spending $12-$18 a day to less than a dollar. The tax man is coming. And you can bet, he won't be satisfied with peanuts.

Your mileage may vary.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Congrats friend!!
I went from 18mg to 12mg to 6mg and now I alternate between 3.5mg and 3mg
I find when I need that little extra nic, the 3.5mg does the trick for me.
Right now, my next mixes will be down to 3mg but I am thinking of trying 2.5mg
Vape on!

My goal is to have completely quit, nicotine and vaping by March 2016. But, I'm also realistic. So if it takes a couple of more months. I won't be bummed out ;)

And when I do quit. Watch this account for a massive PIF. I currently have 5 liters of 24mg/ml Nic. It has to go somewhere lol

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The goal is to quit entirely. This isn't a hobby for me, a way of life, or a coolness factor. It's a means to an end.

If we all continue to vape. Have we not exchanged one habit, for another? And while I've gone from spending $12-$18 a day to less than a dollar. The tax man is coming. And you can bet, he won't be satisfied with peanuts.

Your mileage may vary.
Well my goal is different then yours.. My goal was to stop smoking after 30 years and I did that and I gave up Tar and carbon monoxide..
I have no desire to quit vaping and I am happy to remain a Nicotine addict.. we all have different goals

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've dropped from 12 to 9 to 6 to 3 in about 6 weeks. I keep some 6 I a couple of tanks for those "cravings" but it's way too strong now in my drippers. I was smoke free, due to vaping, for about a year back in 2012-13 but when I dropped to less than 3 the cravings came back, I rushed to 0 anyway and was smoking within a few weeks of dropping to 0.
This time I'm letting my body tell me when to drop, not some time schedule like before and it's working much faster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've dropped from 12 to 9 to 6 to 3 in about 6 weeks. I keep some 6 I a couple of tanks for those "cravings" but it's way too strong now in my drippers. I was smoke free, due to vaping, for about a year back in 2012-13 but when I dropped to less than 3 the cravings came back, I rushed to 0 anyway and was smoking within a few weeks of dropping to 0.
This time I'm letting my body tell me when to drop, not some time schedule like before and it's working much faster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Understandably :)

This was the biggest drop for me overall. I keep a bottle of higher Nic juice, just in case. But haven't had to open it in the past couple of weeks.

I also keep plenty of 0mg. And occasionally vape that. I attribute that to helping with my reductions. I'll be on 3 for awhile. My goals aren't etched in stone. They are simply goals.

I've already found myself leaving the house without my mod. Also taking lengthy bike rides without having to stop for a hit. It'll happen in it's own time. The hardest part is done.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm down to 3mg/ml more by accident. I ordered new nicotine months ago. Absolutely convinced, I had my usual 100mg/ml nicotine base, I mixed my recipes for 6mg/ml, for months. Due to running out, I ordered some better quality 100mg/ml nicotine, and was surprised of it's throat hit. Going back to the previous order, I found out it was 50mg/ml nicotine. So, instead of mixing 6mg/ml, I was actually mixing 3mg/ml instead, for months. :) However, since it was satisfying enough, I kept/keep on mixing 3mg/ml with the new nicotine.

Last edited:

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Your mileage may vary.

Congrats on your progress, I wish you all the best for your endeavor. Seems like you are a rarity nowadays, so refreshing to see a post like this. Many people quit a PAD habit but end up vaping 40mls of flavored glycerine a day.

I often hear people talk about dropping from high nic to low nic, but the reality of that is they end up vaping more now that they can without getting nic-sick. The primary goal shouldn't be nicotine elimination, rather, should be getting off the habit of wanting to constantly inhale smoke/vapor.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My goal is to have completely quit, nicotine and vaping by March 2016. But, I'm also realistic. So if it takes a couple of more months. I won't be bummed out ;)

And when I do quit. Watch this account for a massive PIF. I currently have 5 liters of 24mg/ml Nic. It has to go somewhere lol
Congrats on your progress! And while we have different goals (I've been perfectly happy at 3 mg for a year or so now and quitting vaping isn't even an idea I'm entertaining), I hope you get where you're going.

Once you do succeed, though, consider keeping a little of your stash on hand - if you eventually backslide for whatever reason, it'd be better to do so into vaping than picking up the smokes...I also found that having the alternative available actually made it easier to affirm my decision - a few packs of Marlboro Light 100s sat in my freezer for months until buddies visiting eventually "borrowed" the last of my stash

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Congrats on your progress, I wish you all the best for your endeavor. Seems like you are a rarity nowadays, so refreshing to see a post like this. Many people quit a PAD habit but end up vaping 40mls of flavored glycerine a day.

I often hear people talk about dropping from high nic to low nic, but the reality of that is they end up vaping more now that they can without getting nic-sick. The primary goal shouldn't be nicotine elimination, rather, should be getting off the habit of wanting to constantly inhale smoke/vapor.

This I'm afraid will be my problem. I really enjoy the feeling of the smoke/vapor hitting my lungs.

I have gotten back to my normal usage levels. But it remains to be seen if I can completely stop, once I've dropped to, and have been at 0 Nic for a few weeks.

VU Sponsors