3d Printed Stands/ Boxes and things

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hey so ive been doing to some 3d Design of stands and things for my mods. Just finished designing and printing a stand for my EVIC VTC mini. And ive been doing this for a while now and it looks great for display.

What im wondering is if this would be something that you guys would be interested in like buying? My plan is to start a store on shapeways (because they do international shipping and everything) where you guys could request a display stand for a mod or two that you own or tank or storage box or anything really. Id design it and put it up in the store and youd order it and Shapeways would print and ship it to you.

I was thinking likw $15 to $20 depending on the mod size and the amount of material used.

Let me know if this would be something that youd be interested in :) i know there's not a lot of custom mod stands that are made mod specific :)

BTW, right now i have desines for a box that fits 6*22mm tanks, 1x24mm tank, 2*mods, 2*batteries and a bit well for juice. A single stand for a 22mm tank. A stand for the EvicVTC Mini/ Subox mini.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Oh and the price would depend on the amount of material that the design uses, so like there wouldnt be a fixed price on things, it would be a by mod case. So like a tank stand would cost much less then a dna200 sized mod stand.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Also youd be able to choose a variety of materials, from plastics to (in some cases) aluminium or other metals.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there @drackeo, If your selling something on here, it needs to go in one of 2 places Unlisted vendors or sales and promotions, I'll move it to unlisted vendors area to start.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I'm not selling anything yet. I'm seeing if it would be something that people would be interested in.

This thread was just and idea and explaining what it is and getting ideas.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I will put it in the new vendor start up area (shop talk), Good luck !!!

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Ok I will put it in the new vendor start up area (shop talk), Good luck !!!

Yah thanks :) still newish here so ive yet to jump down into all the subforums.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Also @Whiskey whats your opinion on what im trying to do? Just being curious/nosy :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think mod stands sell very well, in fact I have been browsing around for one myself to keep on a stand next to my chair in the living room. I have box mods mainly, about 4 going at once and juice bottles,so what I am looking for is one with box mod cut outs , juice bottle cut outs an maybe a few misc. size cut outs for my tools and such. Hope that helped you:)

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
@drackeo that one in the link looks awesome and yes I would be interested in something like that.

What would you want in something like this if you were to buy something like it?

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would want it to hold my mods/juice also have a cut out to fix my battery charges in. Keep everything central. I'm looking primarily for something to set everything in at night. Also tank and rda slots

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Price range is too high , but I understand with the type of materials you are using.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Price range is too high , but I understand with the type of materials you are using.

Its not me or the materials. They are reading it as a 100% solid. When i printed it myself i choose a 15% infill, which is more then enough to make it strong enough. So they are charging way to much in material. It should be only be about 20m of material instead of like 200m of material

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I would want it to hold my mods/juice also have a cut out to fix my battery charges in. Keep everything central. I'm looking primarily for something to set everything in at night. Also tank and rda slots

So like what I linked above? Just with the battery charged integration

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yes exactly. Great idea and it is perfect.

Yah ill run into the same problem with that as i did with the other ModBox thing i posted (first link). They assume its going to be 100% infill and charges for like 200+m of material used when realistically only 20 or 30m needs to be used.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Other then that, i can model that easy. Id just need what mods you have and how many and how many batteries and tanks (what the diameter of them are) and things like that.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Other then that, i can model that easy. Id just need what mods you have and how many and how many batteries and tanks (what the diameter of them are) and things like that.
It's a great concept. With a decent market. What you should try is to look in surrounding areas for local 3d printing. See if you could sub them out the work and then your cost would drop.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
It's a great concept. With a decent market. What you should try is to look in surrounding areas for local 3d printing. See if you could sub them out the work and then your cost would drop.

Yah i have a 3d printer myself (great thing to have). The only thing is it cant print at the volume i would need it too. Im lookin around and see if theres anything comparable to the website i linked. Realistically after everything (material, shipping, out source fee, and profit mark up) the mod box thing i posted shouldnt be more then $50 i think. Would that be a reasonable amount for a custom display box?

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yah i have a 3d printer myself (great thing to have). The only thing is it cant print at the volume i would need it too. Im lookin around and see if theres anything comparable to the website i linked. Realistically after everything (material, shipping, out source fee, and profit mark up) the mod box thing i posted shouldnt be more then $50 i think. Would that be a reasonable amount for a custom display box?
For something like what I want. I would pay up to $50-$60 for a quality display.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
For something like what I want. I would pay up to $50-$60 for a quality display.

yah if i get this idea off the ground i was planning on charging abiout $50ish on a full display box (depending on how many mods and things) about $10-15 (depending on size) for a single mod stand and about $8 for a 22mm tank one.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jwraps is within that price range, no idea if they make these from a 3D printer or not, I suppose as big as they got I don't doubt they bought a big 3D set up, they even have cars and trailers decked out in Jwrap ads

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Jwraps is within that price range, no idea if they make these from a 3D printer or not, I suppose as big as they got I don't doubt they bought a big 3D set up, they even have cars and trailers decked out in Jwrap ads

Yah i was thinking about doing a very similar thing with what they have. Theres look like they are carved out from like a cnc or by hand. Much less accurate then 3d printing. Plus with that they are unable to do totally custom ones like im planning on doing

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
And im loving there custom wraps they have..... may be picking a couple up now lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get into the car cup mod holders too, I have one and love it, mines just a simple 2 box mod holder, some have juice bottle cut outs too, good luck with your venture, I'll be watching this:)

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Get into the car cup mod holders too, I have one and love it, mines just a simple 2 box mod holder, some have juice bottle cut outs too, good luck with your venture, I'll be watching this:)

Yah i printed out a cup holder already lol X) its so useful having a 3d printer. Never realized how nice it was until i got one lol.

Although, is it a soft or hard material? Mine hole everything tight so nothing slips out, but i cant get it super super tight because of scratches and things like that, would be nice to have it like "skin tight"

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Agree with the car cup holder thing. I would think a car cup holder piece would sell the best.
All my vape stuff is put away in the vape cupboard other than a bottle or two of juice and maybe another atty to change flavors out so I personally wouldn't have any interest in a display but a jwraps sx mini cup holder thing is on my shopping list.

Sitting at home my mod seems to stay in one place but when driving it goes every which way but loose :D

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can kinda see mine here
IMG_20150728_121711789_HDR_zpsskxm11ma.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm... what do we have here...
Vape mail, yeah!
VU scarf?!?! You live VU!
A car mod holder that I want.
Random other stuff.

And a VU scarf!!!! :D

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
yah im in the middle of designing one now actually lmao :3 its going to hold a larger mod and a bottle of juice!

Check out what i have up now tho ;) lol the prices to varry on the material, and for some reason they put the most expensive material as the shown one

VU Sponsors