Become a Patron!

3.5mm vs 3mm

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I tried both a 3.. Bit and a 3.5mm bit and got the same vapor out of both. Is there even a point in going to a 3.5? It seems like a waste of wire. What size bits do u guys use. I like a 3mm because its perfect for cotton.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't matter, what works for you is the only thing that does matter.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I use 3mm
But that's me.

If you like 3mm stick with it.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I think most people use 3. 3.5 makes the coils to flimsy.

That really depends on the coil and some of the more elaborate coil builds are much easier to wick at 3.5 than 3mm. I primarily use 3.5 to get a little extra coil in there to up the resistance and add to the coil mass for cloud chasing. You would be amazed sometime at what difference a couple of mm of wire makes in the final output of vapor production and resistance. Especially with the more elaborate coils.

Try them both and see what happens. That is really the only way to know for sure which one you like more.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
That really depends on the coil and some of the more elaborate coil builds are much easier to wick at 3.5 than 3mm. I primarily use 3.5 to get a little extra coil in there to up the resistance and add to the coil mass for cloud chasing. You would be amazed sometime at what difference a couple of mm of wire makes in the final output of vapor production and resistance. Especially with the more elaborate coils.

Try them both and see what happens. That is really the only way to know for sure which one you like more.
I tried them both with fused claptons. I didnt see a difference in vapor.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sounds like you have a winner dude. Vape on good sir.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Deck size and af will pretty much determine what diameter works best. Sometimes a 3.5/4mm works out better for the added wicking if you have large juice wells and massive af. Sometimes a 2.5mm works better for smaller wells and tighter space. 3mm seems to be the happy medium for most.

VU Sponsors