Become a Patron!

2A charger for my 20700s and 21700s ordered!

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I won one here on the forum and I love it. By far the best charger I own. It got lost on it's way to my house from China and man their customer servive was excellent. And this was a freebie. Sent a replacment special delivery immediately. Tha batteries have been good as well. Nice choice.

Manic Miner

Surfs up!
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I won one here on the forum and I love it. By far the best charger I own. It got lost on it's way to my house from China and man their customer servive was excellent. And this was a freebie. Sent a replacment special delivery immediately. Tha batteries have been good as well. Nice choice.

Awesome to hear. Thank you! :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Although I have a charger capable of 2A charging, I rarely use it at 2A. From the old school of thought here that slow charging is the best. Congratulations on your purchase and happy vaping~!

Manic Miner

Surfs up!
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Although I have a charger capable of 2A charging, I rarely use it at 2A. From the old school of thought here that slow charging is the best. Congratulations on your purchase and happy vaping~!

Thank you! :) I Vaping Bogan says in the video that 2A is perfectly fine for 20700 and 21700. Batteries are not that expensive, so full speed ahead! :) Happy vaping to you too! :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not actually talking about the charger I was curious as to Mooches thoughts on charging at 2A.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have a xstar over4, most of the time I charge at one amp, but if I’m late for work I’ve been known to crank it up to 4 amps on the larger cells lol. It has a built in thermometer in each bay to monitor temps and adjust amperage accordingly.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have also cranked mine up to 2A because I put a cell in backwards and it didn't charge~! But not something I do on a regular basis.
Yeah it’s like running the piss out of your car, you know it’s not good for it, but sometimes the situation calls for it on occasion lol

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, so true. Run it at Red Line and it just doesn't go for 200K
Speaking of 200k, my 02 Blazer is at 197,000, looking forward to watching it turn! Love my old work truck, I take it pretty easy on it. I’ll keep fixing what’s wrong with her and hope to see 300+ :)

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have a 2001 Blazer LS in mint condition although I do use it for work it gets detailed every 2 weeks.

The day I bought it. Looks even better now.

View attachment 127082
Looks great! Same color as mine Steve lol. Great vehicles if you have one someone has taken care of. I had a Jeep Wrangler before the Blazer, live on a steep hill and I can say the Blazer goes way better in winter than the wrangler.
It’s a shame about the new ones coming out, I was expecting a great 4 wheel drive when I heard they were coming back, instead it’s a damn all wheel drive crossover
IMG-0149.gif

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Somewhere Mooch says 2A charging is a bit of battery life compared to .5 or 1A. I rarely use 2A but I rarely need it to be that fast.

No .10th's
Sold it , Crown Vic @ 538K
500k.jpg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Damn was the engine ever rebuilt?
No. That Romeo 4.6 was a damn good engine. Tranny was, lost 1st gear @235K and friend trans shop owner rebuilt it and it lasted longer than oem, still going when sold.
Religious fluid changes, mainteinence, etc. Police model. Heavy duty everything + external coolers for oil/trans/PS. Had lifetime neoprene coolant hoses I never had to replace. Bought it used w/99050mi but it was pretty mint, and took 6 years for the other 438K. 70ishK pr yr

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The external coolers is a definite reason for so many miles on Ford. I wonder if there is a Crown Victoria club for half a million miles cars?
yeah, the civilian models didn't have all the coolers or other heavy duty options. Don't know about any 500k mile clubs, never looked.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like I said can be done but not really recommended.
It's recommended only for those who don't have time or who don't know patience, but it also depends on what batteries you have. Some batteries get fairly warm when charging them at 2A, but not so hot that it causes them to wear out in just a few months. Or maybe it does do that if you charge them at 2A every single time, but not if you do that only occasionally. Whereas others get so hot if charging them at 2A that they really suffer from that a whole lot. (Even, if you do that only occasionally.) I typically charge mine at .75A because I always prefer fast vapor production over fast battery charging. :D

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's recommended only for those who don't have time or who don't know patience, but it also depends on what batteries you have. Some batteries get fairly warm when charging them at 2A, but not so hot that it causes them to wear out in just a few months. Or maybe it does do that if you charge them at 2A every single time, but not if you do that only occasionally. Whereas others get so hot if charging them at 2A that they really suffer from that a whole lot. (Even, if you do that only occasionally.) I typically charge mine at .75A because I always prefer fast vapor production over fast battery charging. :D

Yes, I know all this and like I said in the beginning, I am from the Old School of thinking which is Slow Charging is BEST.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I know all this and like I said in the beginning, I am from the Old School of thinking which is Slow Charging is BEST.
I am from the No Wonderful BS School of thinking. Which is that charging at the particular rate that keeps a given battery from getting noticeably too warm is best.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been charging 2A for years already. I get 500+ charge/discharge cycles out of them. I just got that same charger as the OP. It is very nice so far. Although the MAH meter is completely inaccurate.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just got these and they do more battery sizes and types then I will probably ever use.

-16zFM28nOnsWmmj7zHXzBQzo1LVE0gPeTaj2uCAx42rySU-NW9ztiU9-JPvnTaKFhQkGJaRpSkMfaq6N4f8YcPk8t11XqLvH9CxtrtsWmlEU0ZgrqE7ob6H-9EBfwSRj2xa_ixWqQCkWAfVF9cWqG_qI-6yWAyiD3MmBin10Y8_5d6WaOQqpxoQ1uKfe2i7ultiZzYL1zkSgb0tU6qrROrwBgPpo_OPUzSEAkuNzjNO-9A64IrGVEaOQQQcxlzkSioqahBv2L9lHUvyXTTmfTOQKAjDcr17GL52HJsuGlpQq2jv7Nl2YOxt1T6GTdWndJB6smRKhsujFHEdRIuXHN6ZWkbgWBnrLzSDRPj6t6bWDxJLuJ5Hpl1XFgrGHAn3eyslLGrAyIiB51LjgOQ7xdFGF7HyBj8xufcp5ylYXyj1as-GO5jZ1gYuR4Cq07Msz3r1ZeGY_V8dhdFGYyJI3HHo6UVbJ1BollJ16pnF3Im9_xib_ho5IcIHATFyDrN-xe5BZlCQG8kfUEgSLGTK3WDuKcrfmhU-x8jEB_ivIAZj9huFn95wiuG1F7LliF6MnFibqCuh2GlXqpFyhhfCSFhAmqk80m4OhOhDcbkd-j-_t5RPQWFu7P4SVr4klcUmPlD5mnxUed7gUTPkflNWYTwYLCZgPjo=w564-h751-no

Last edited:

VU Sponsors