Become a Patron!

25mm RDA What are my options?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm planning on getting a Kennedy to match the Vindicator for Christmas, but wondering what other options may be out there.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry brother .... Wish I could help but I'm more in RTA club....
1c160ecdbd3f0ca179b3f3f792fe3187.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have an Imortal Reckoning RDA that I just ordered because I wanted a 25mm RDA.
When I get it I'll let you know what I think but I think it's going to be a good one.

c0ea16c8da30dda728fee9fa879fb1b7.jpg

a66ca864474a41a8db9b2149685169c5.jpg

6fcb3820e4ee75da51356f025062de1b.jpg

ebf5b030077fe6ceb52393a4b3d37a34.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Imortal Reckoning RDA that I just ordered because I wanted a 25mm RDA.
When I get it I'll let you know what I think but I think it's going to be a good one.

Nice wish I could rda and squonk..... Maybe one day I'll break down and start using The Catfish and 528 goon.......

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Very interested in this and your thoughts.
It is a clone, I bought it off eBay.
That's the deepest juice well I've ever seen on an RDA.
That alone makes me think it's going to be a great Squonk RDA as well :)
It's scheduled for delivery 11/1 so I'll have a report on my thoughts soon.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The btfc by augvape is a good rda. It's cheap enough to have as a backup. I use one quite often, but use it for squonking. It has an adequate well for dripping and is aligned to make for easy dripping right in the top. If you really blah the juice in there it could run into the air flow, but if you take it easy it's definitely dripable.

Another option is the recoil rebel. 25mm and easy to drip through the top. It's one of my go tos for dripping (doesnt squonk well)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Well they are asking $7.99.....

I don't have a problem with clones. Some are better than others. I don't think 3fvape sells authentics but I could be wrong. I've never bought anything from them.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You do know both of those goons you put up from 3fvape are clones?

Yes, I cannot recommend authentic Goons because I have never used one. I would also not pay $50 for one, so I doubt I will ever use one.
Afaik the authentics are only in SS and black right now - there are more color options in the clones, and I think I saw his tube is brass but not sure

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, I cannot recommend authentic Goons because I have never used one. I would also not pay $50 for one, so I doubt I will ever use one.
Afaik the authentics are only in SS and black right now - there are more color options in the clones, and I think I saw his tube is brass but not sure
I have an og goon and 2 clones. Just looking at them they look the same and they vape the same. I also have an og Apocalypse and a couple clones. One of the clones is crappy but one of the clones I like better than the og. I like the airflow on the one clone better. I'm thinking on the more simple designs clones work pretty close to the same if not better than the og RDAs. On some of the more complicated designs clones are iffy at best.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The clamp design looks awesome but almost no juicewell once the cotton's in there.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there any piece of equipment you don't have Manny? LOL!
I save and buy always back ups..... I keep thinking of this Vapeapocalypse and think what would I do If mods and vape shops and eBay and everything goes away ? Even no vape stuff from China.....

To me as a 25 year smoker would never want to Smoke Cigarettes again..... So I buy and save the shit that sucks ass......

Today I received a small hard hitting mod.... From a company I swore never to use again Hcigar, piece of crap VT250 I got from them... Junk....

and then I heard it was made by Towis mods..... The Wildwolf 235 watts and from day one I was impressed in every way..... So now I test it for a month and if excellent I get (3) more and save them....

I guess I'm a hoarder of some vapeform......
c855a5d21c837dcce30e44678e146285.jpg
9b9f9259934b29d7ea0e978be4571c58.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

Update:
As promised, my thoughts on the Reckoning RDA.
I got the Reckoning clone today and to be honest I'm not that impressed.
It does work great as a squonk RDA but even with those deep drip wells it doesn't hold much juice. The posts take up all the room for juice.
One of my biggest issues is aesthetic (I know but that's just the way I am), it's a great looking RDA but they ruined it with these huge upside down teardrop air flow holes!
That and for me it's a real bitch to build on. The center clamp has to hold both coils so it's really a trick holding them both at the same time while tightening.

Again. This is a clone so the authentic may be different.
These are just my opinions.

48839c89cfa82998db5bf95f276f621d.jpg

65c98df770bfb14435d692dcb034bd9a.jpg

9ad04dc3589bdb67d1cbb6f92508dff1.jpg

b89dfadad4979406ac6c4960b50f89ac.jpg

9ed7289bf174d2158b8eb3bd79ece23d.jpg

Last edited:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
If it's THAT different, then "clone" may not be the right word :)
I have bought a lot of clones, I normally will buy a clone and if I like it I will buy the original.
I have to admit, the quality of most clones has came a long way. A good share of the time I can't tell the difference between the clone and the original.

The worse part about this one is that I bought it to put in my US1 Mech because it's 25mm.
I have it on a squonker now and it really performs well!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have bought a lot of clones, I normally will buy a clone and if I like it I will buy the original.
I have to admit, the quality of most clones has came a long way. A good share of the time I can't tell the difference between the clone and the original.

The worse part about this one is that I bought it to put in my US1 Mech because it's 25mm.

The only clones I buy are Rolex.....

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I was afraid of.

If it's THAT different, then "clone" may not be the right word :)

What I meant was if it goes from a clone "not holding much juice" to the authentic holding plenty. That seems a bit counterintuitive.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You do know both of those goons you put up from 3fvape are clones?
I bet the Kali from qp is a lot more than 8 bucks. To try it out and see if you like it. Clones aren't bad unless you're just too elite to use them. Only a few people in life look down on you because of clones. And I'd gladly buy authentic if someone else wants to feed my kids while I buy 90 dollar rdas

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Bshhmokalot

Member For 2 Years
Question. Does the 510 pin protrude enough to safely use it on a hybrid mechanical tube mod?

Update:
As promised, my thoughts on the Reckoning RDA.
I got the Reckoning clone today and to be honest I'm not that impressed.
It does work great as a squonk RDA but even with those deep drip wells it doesn't hold much juice. The posts take up all the room for juice.
One of my biggest issues is aesthetic (I know but that's just the way I am), it's a great looking RDA but they ruined it with these huge upside down teardrop air flow holes!
That and for me it's a real bitch to build on. The center clamp has to hold both coils so it's really a trick holding them both at the same time while tightening.

Again. This is a clone so the authentic may be different.
These are just my opinions.

48839c89cfa82998db5bf95f276f621d.jpg

65c98df770bfb14435d692dcb034bd9a.jpg

9ad04dc3589bdb67d1cbb6f92508dff1.jpg

b89dfadad4979406ac6c4960b50f89ac.jpg

9ed7289bf174d2158b8eb3bd79ece23d.jpg

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have an authentic Reckoning and the 510 protrudes about twice as much as what is shown above.
reckoning 510.jpg
I rather like this RDA. Not a big fan of the graphic etching but thats a personal taste thing. Also +1 for the Kali. Its rock solid, actually my favorite RDA at the moment.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have an authentic Reckoning and the 510 protrudes about twice as much as what is shown above.
View attachment 127723
I rather like this RDA. Not a big fan of the graphic etching but thats a personal taste thing. Also +1 for the Kali. Its rock solid, actually my favorite RDA at the moment.
Much better. :)

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Much better. :)

This is definitely a cloud chasers RDA. I have been using mesh in it and it works pretty well.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It looks damn cool, glows so interestingly in light)

Отправлено с моего MS650 через Tapatalk

I like the properly heat treated ones myself.

Bshhmokalot

Member For 2 Years
Hmmm maybe i should just get the authentic. Thanks for the pic

View attachment 127723
View attachment 127723

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I bet the Kali from qp is a lot more than 8 bucks. To try it out and see if you like it. Clones aren't bad unless you're just too elite to use them. Only a few people in life look down on you because of clones. And I'd gladly buy authentic if someone else wants to feed my kids while I buy 90 dollar rdas

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Got the KALI V2 for about 85$ CAD recently. It’s a seriously well built atty, both in terms of durability and machining precision.

Mind you:

- not exactly a flavour monster, my Wotofo Profile hits harder even with a single regular coil

- not exactly a cloud monster, my TFV8 cloud beast probably chucks bigger clouds

- the black top cap fits too tightly around my barrel, and the barrel isn’t notched, so adjusting the airflow is tricky, you have to hold the barrel in place while doing it or you’ll just end up spinning the whole barrel and bring the airflow out of alignment.

- the airflow whistles when partially closed. A honeycomb design would have been a better way to go.

All in all it’s a very good RDA that will probably last you a lifetime with some minor flaws. The reason I got it is the enormous postless build deck, it’s a pleasure to build on.

Wouldn’t bother with a clone, I like getting authentic products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Sorry brother .... Wish I could help but I'm more in RTA club....
1c160ecdbd3f0ca179b3f3f792fe3187.jpg

Scoot scoot scoot,

Join the DARK SIDE of RDAs, Manny. ITS IS YOUR DESTINY.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine is not - I checked, because I DO have a couple that are super-tough (I have a "Maker" rda that's sidelined - partly due to crazy-tight cap) - but my Kalis is just about right. snug, but not a hassle.

Is your black steel top cap too tight? Mine is and I find it kind of annoying for a 90$ atty.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Got the KALI V2 for about 85$ CAD recently. It’s a seriously well built atty, both in terms of durability and machining precision.

Mind you:

- not exactly a flavour monster, my Wotofo Profile hits harder even with a single regular coil

- not exactly a cloud monster, my TFV8 cloud beast probably chucks bigger clouds

- the black top cap fits too tightly around my barrel, and the barrel isn’t notched, so adjusting the airflow is tricky, you have to hold the barrel in place while doing it or you’ll just end up spinning the whole barrel and bring the airflow out of alignment.

- the airflow whistles when partially closed. A honeycomb design would have been a better way to go.

All in all it’s a very good RDA that will probably last you a lifetime with some minor flaws. The reason I got it is the enormous postless build deck, it’s a pleasure to build on.

Wouldn’t bother with a clone, I like getting authentic products.

How are you building that Kali? I have been using one almost daily for a month or so now and find the flavor to be great, the airflow to be incredible and actually like the fitment of it a great deal. Have only used the glass and SS pieces so far because they looks so pretty on everything.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A good share of the time I can't tell the difference between the clone and the original.
After I bought another top quality authentic RDA that I really like, I very often tend to search online for clone versions of it. Each and every single time it just turns out there exist no 1:1 clones nor clones that differ from the authentic only in terms of the cosmetics or the quality of the machining so, in my own personal experience, to buy a clone of one of the best performing RDAs always simply boils down to buying apples for the sake of judging oranges by trying to convince yourself that apples truly are oranges, which is something I've never been capable to convince myself of no matter how hard I tried (that is, regardless of who thinks I'm an elitist or who doesn't... lol), and, typically as a result (and in fact pretty much systemically in addition to that), the difference in the vape experience between the clone and the authentic is rather astronomical. But the quality of the vape experience, although largely subjective of course, is only as strong as the weakest link. It's called... "garbage in, garbage out".

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
How are you building that Kali? I have been using one almost daily for a month or so now and find the flavor to be great, the airflow to be incredible and actually like the fitment of it a great deal. Have only used the glass and SS pieces so far because they looks so pretty on everything.

I’ve been using dual 5 wrap Kanthal and SS aliens. Recently discovered Nickel had a way more intense flavour and I think I’ll switch over to Nickel coils now.

Also I have a feeling I was underwicking my coils to avoid dry hits. Will play around with this in the new year.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I’ve been using dual 5 wrap Kanthal and SS aliens. Recently discovered Nickel had a way more intense flavour and I think I’ll switch over to Nickel coils now.

Also I have a feeling I was underwicking my coils to avoid dry hits. Will play around with this in the new year.

Thats a really good RDA. I have been using it daily so if you find you are having issues setting it up let me know. That can be remedied quickly.

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Thats a really good RDA. I have been using it daily so if you find you are having issues setting it up let me know. That can be remedied quickly.

Rebuilt it today with a single 8 wrap alien 3x28 A1 + 32 SS316L placed diagonale in the middle. It makes ok flavour but I think this RDA tends to requires a lot of power to run these heavy microcoils. Slow ramp up and wattage in the high 90’s. Would be nice to get flavour and clouds with lower wattage.

Looking forward to getting my Nickel clapton wire next month. Will try some builds with that.

I currently have SS316L and Ti wire in 26G. Any recommended builds?

Cheers

VU Sponsors