Become a Patron!

250C Mod Thread

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread to keep track of new 250C mods as they are announced or released. I'm not too active on social media, so I figured a thread like this would help me and other cavemen to pick the brains of those who are and get the latest info. I'll post links to the ones that I know of, and try to update this post every couple of days as I learn more or as people provide links I don't have listed.

Lost Vape Paranormal:
https://www.elementvape.com/lost-vape-paranormal-200w-dna250c-box-mod

Lost Vape Triade 250C:
https://www.vapordna.com/Lost-Vape-Triade-DNA-250C-300W-TC-Box-Mod-p/lvt250.htm

Mad Modder 3s Lipo:
https://www.madmodderllc.com/product-page/4500mah-color-screen-dna250c

Mad Modder 4s lipo:
https://www.madmodderstudios.com/store/p38/DNA_250c_2800mah_4s_lipo.html

Boxer Dual 20700 Squonker:
https://gingervaper.com/product/box...20700-with-evolv-dna250c-temperature-control/

Boxer Dual 2X700:
https://gingervaper.com/product/box...2x700-with-evolv-dna250c-temperature-control/

Boxer Triple 21700:
https://gingervaper.com/product/box...21700-with-evolv-dna250c-temperature-control/

Boxer 4s Lipo:
https://gingervaper.com/product/box...-lipo-with-evolv-dna250c-temperature-control/

Thinkvape Finder 250C:
https://www.elementvape.com/think-vape-finder-dna250c-box-mod?enter=true

Rebel Mod Dual 18650 250C:
https://www.esauce.co.uk/rebel-mod/...lv-dna-250c-coming-march-rebel044c-rebel-vape

Rebel Mod Dual 18650 Squonker 250C:
https://www.esauce.co.uk/rebel-mod/...250c-2-x-18650-pre-order-rebel081c-rebel-vape

Rebel Mod Triple 18650 250C:
https://www.esauce.co.uk/the-rebel-mod-300w-3-x-18650-evolv-dna-250c-pre-order-rebel045c-rebel-vape

VTbox 250C:
https://www.vapordna.com/Vapecige-VTbox250C-DNA-250C-Box-Mod-p/vtb250.htm

I'd be grateful for any news, I've been waiting for what seems like an eternity for this board. Gotta find the perfect mod to house it!

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been away for a while (got ill, ended up in hospital, nearly died, am recovering now at home), and come across the 250C the other day reading over at POTV's.

The 250C is interesting me and I think I will add one to the collection soon, this thread is handy as I have only seen the paranormal so far as I haven't had the time to look into more mods.

I hope I can find one I like at a reasonable price over here in the UK. If not I will have a check over at the Chinese sites and see if I can get a saving, I don't mind ordering from over there, I just hate the wait.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Gingervaper has black 2x20700 squonker in stock.

Last edited:

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been away for a while (got ill, ended up in hospital, nearly died, am recovering now at home), and come across the 250C the other day reading over at POTV's.

Glad you’re doing better hate for anyone to have to go through anything like that... welcome home!

Out of what I have seen I would love to have the Rebel just have not gotten it because if it had problems it would get expensive with no US support.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Out of what I have seen I would love to have the Rebel just have not gotten it because if it had problems it would get expensive with no US support.

Same position. I like the idea of the Rebel.
I don't like all the posts from those who had various problems with theirs.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Anxiously awaiting the Boxer Classic 2X700. I'm ready to dip my toe in the big battery pond, but as an RTA guy I don't really have any use for their squonk mod. I have no idea why they chose to release it first, seems to me there'd be a bigger market for the standard version.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I went with a Paranormal 250C from ECiggity.
In stock today, 10% off, free shipping.
It'll be in my hand next week.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ginger Vaper and Mike Vapes have started postings pictures of the Boxer 2X700. The time is nearly upon us! I've been refreshing the Ginger Vaper website twice a day for two weeks waiting for this thing.

Have there been any more releases since the last time I updated the top post?

Last edited:

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Added the VTbox 250C to the top post.

Just in case anyone else is waiting for the Boxer Dual 2X700 250C, I emailed Gingervaper again. They had to make some changes because the iJoy 21700 is apparently a little fatter than most and they want everything to be able to fit, so the release has been delayed again. They said it should be available by the end of the month.

As usual, if there are any 250C mods out that I don't have listed, let me know and I'll add them to the post.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Paranormal but the thing is disposable. So try to buy it as cheap as possible. I think the lowest I have seen is like $110. for that it is a fair deal. unless you get duped and it breaks in 3 days. Usually they last about 6 months. Not hating just relating my experience with a lot of them. I wish someone would make a custom but it seems no one is. Well I saw one I think but I did not like it and it did not even actually exist yet. The issue is they still have 250 chips so not going to start buying 250C. They are not big companies like LV. I do like the LV though don't get me wrong. Although I do not use replay have no intention to and the screen is not such a big deal to me. I currently prefer just a 250 custom of some sort. The screen is fine but it is not like out of this world to me. I mean other chips have much fancier screen but not nearly as good of a chip. I would say if there is a nice 250 of any kind you like I would still not hesitate to buy that right now. At least to me it is not a big deal. It may be to other people though.

I am going to say I eat my words. If you remember things I had said about 250C specs it turned out I was dead wrong. It is in fact 1% more efficient than the 250 which is pushing the limit of what is currently possible. It is indeed a more capable chip just for the record. If one uses those capabilities is up to them. I simply don't so it is not such a big deal to me currently. Although at some point stock of 250's will wane. By then they will have a even better chip most likely.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Added the newest Mad Modder release to the top post.

More news on the Boxer Dual 2X700 for those interested. It's now available for pre-order, with shipping set for around mid to late June, depending on the color.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No kidding. I emailed him a while back about possibly building me a dual 21700 250C, told him I had a budget of around $400 for it. Now I see why he didn't even bother replying.
May sound expensive but I will tell you Boxer is not all it's cracked up to be. Don't get me wrong I love my triple 18650 DNA 250 mod but the cover don't work with all the thicknesses of battery wraps and have to end up re wrapping new batteries because it will not close! Kind of sad on a $200 + $21 (batteries) mod not to mention the mod cuts the wraps and they have to be replaced......

Like I said I like the Boxer but I know I would not have that problem with the mod you are talking about.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
May sound expensive but I will tell you Boxer is not all it's cracked up to be. Don't get me wrong I love my triple 18650 DNA 250 mod but the cover don't work with all the thicknesses of battery wraps and have to end up re wrapping new batteries because it will not close! Kind of sad on a $200 + $21 (batteries) mod not to mention the mod cuts the wraps and they have to be replaced......

Like I said I like the Boxer but I know I would not have that problem with the mod you are talking about.
I'm definitely aware of some of the issues that people have had with Boxers. They're far from perfect, and Gingervaper has a reputation for having a shitty attitude, but their dual 2X700 is the only 250C mod right now that ticks all the boxes for me.

Of course we'll see a lot more options in the next several months, but I've been anxiously awaiting this board since the 75C was first announced. I need it now!

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been holding off for a while but I'm going to snag a mad modder soon.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Update on the Boxer dual 2X700, it's finally available! Also added the Boxer 4s lipo and a couple of Rebel mods to the list. As always, let me know if there's anything else that needs to be added.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am going to say I eat my words. If you remember things I had said about 250C specs it turned out I was dead wrong. It is in fact 1% more efficient than the 250 which is pushing the limit of what is currently possible. It is indeed a more capable chip just for the record.

I am glad to see that you did more research and did in fact realize that what I was telling you was correct. So thank you for acknowledging that.

Whenever someone tells you something that varies, from what you believe to be true. Always remember to hold off on defending and going off about your position until you've fully researched what they have told you. This prevents the community of "non contributing" (IE Readers not Posters) from getting bad information.

Update on the Boxer dual 2X700, it's finally available! Also added the Boxer 4s lipo and a couple of Rebel mods to the list. As always, let me know if there's anything else that needs to be added.

I am solely looking for a lipo 250C. Mainly a 4s, but a 3s will do more than I'll probably ever need. So I'm waiting to see what other form factors come out before I grab one. I am still praying that Vaporshark makes one.

Side note: A lot of people forget that when you buy a lipo mod you are getting the $30 - $100 battery with it. So always remember to factor that into your equation when it comes to prices. I have a ton of 18650s, so even though it doesn't effect me much (price wise) I have thought of going to a 21700 mod. But 3 battery 18650s are already too bulky for an EDC so (3) 21700 would be even worse. Plus to get everything out of the 250c you need 4 cells and 4 battery mods are just silly.

Hopefully something smaller gets released because (no matter how much I think I'll like the new 3 battery mods I keep buying) I keep finding myself going back to my Vaporsharks everytime. The 900mAh 3s is their downfall but for the size and power nothing can beat them. So hopefully they make one the size of a 2 battery 18650 with a larger lipo. Otherwise I think I'm stuck in a never ending loop.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lost Vape Triade 250c is hitting the streets.... just ordered one for $140 to my door from Eciggity.
Been using my rta’s lately and they get hot as heck on the Boxer (no where for heat to transfer) so been using my old Triade 200 the last month. Made my decision on the 250c easy.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Added the Triade to the top post.

I like the idea of a Triade 250C, I just wish they offered a version without carbon fiber. It can look alright. I really liked the look of the original Sigelei 213(even though the mod was a trainwreck), but I feel like it's a little over-utilized nowadays.

I think it would look great in black with wood panels and a leather battery door.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Added the Triade to the top post.

I like the idea of a Triade 250C, I just wish they offered a version without carbon fiber. It can look alright. I really liked the look of the original Sigelei 213(even though the mod was a trainwreck), but I feel like it's a little over-utilized nowadays.

I think it would look great in black with wood panels and a leather battery door.
Knowing Lost Vape I would think they will be coming out with something like that down the road. They normally release two or three looks then when they catch up with production the other looks start coming out. For now the old doors fit.....

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
View attachment 116603
Got it..... can confirm that Samsung 25R’s fit and door closed all the way.
Looks fine to me... I'm just hesitant to get a non lipo 250C. Let us know how that thing holds up. Juice destroyed my Triade 250 pretty quick. Hopefully this can handle a bit more abuse

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like the Paranormal but the thing is disposable. So try to buy it as cheap as possible. I think the lowest I have seen is like $110. for that it is a fair deal. unless you get duped and it breaks in 3 days. Usually they last about 6 months. Not hating just relating my experience with a lot of them.

How are you using your Paranormals that they break usually around 6 months? The reason I ask is because I've been saving for almost 3 months now to buy a Paranormal 250c and if it only lasts 6 months, I'll go through all 5 stages of grief! After all, the main reason to spend more than 40-50 bucks on a mod is to get one that'll last. I've owned my Hohmwrecker G2 for a little over a year now and it works as good as the day I broke open the package.

I really love the look of the paranormal but if a mod that expensive isn't gonna last...well forget it!

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How are you using your Paranormals that they break usually around 6 months? The reason I ask is because I've been saving for almost 3 months now to buy a Paranormal 250c and if it only lasts 6 months, I'll go through all 5 stages of grief! After all, the main reason to spend more than 40-50 bucks on a mod is to get one that'll last. I've owned my Hohmwrecker G2 for a little over a year now and it works as good as the day I broke open the package.

I really love the look of the paranormal but if a mod that expensive isn't gonna last...well forget it!

He goes through them faster than 90% of us on this forum...... You can get bad ones in any mod though. I have two G2’s my orange one faded in less than 3 months but the black one looks like the day I got it. Both still work like a champ though.
If you’re easy on your mods LV mods should look good for a year to a year and a half but will work longer. I don’t care about looks after that long if you do you can always skin them.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
He goes through them faster than 90% of us on this forum...... You can get bad ones in any mod though. I have two G2’s my orange one faded in less than 3 months but the black one looks like the day I got it. Both still work like a champ though.
If you’re easy on your mods LV mods should look good for a year to a year and a half but will work longer. I don’t care about looks after that long if you do you can always skin them.

Thanks man. I was concerned when he said they usually last around 6 months. Yeah, my black G2 still looks brand new when I clean it up. If I buy a Paranormal and it'll work for a year and a half or more, then I'll consider it money well invested.

diagrammatiks

Member For 1 Year
Thanks man. I was concerned when he said they usually last around 6 months. Yeah, my black G2 still looks brand new when I clean it up. If I buy a Paranormal and it'll work for a year and a half or more, then I'll consider it money well invested.

I have a triade 250 that I got used with over 55000 puffs on it. I dunno how people are breaking these things.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got my Paranormal in and I've been using it since Thursday.

download_20180906_173156.jpg

Replay is the SHIT! If you're anything like me and don't drip when you need to most of the time, well, don't sweat it! Just vape on it till you can't taste any juice and then drip it. I've tried to burn the cotton with this thing and it pure refuses to at 80 watts. I've not tried it higher than that but mike vapes vaped his cotton dry at 110 watts I believe, and never burned it so I feel like it'll be fine.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my Paranormal in and I've been using it since Thursday.

View attachment 119379

Replay is the SHIT! If you're anything like me and don't drip when you need to most of the time, well, don't sweat it! Just vape on it till you can't taste any juice and then drip it. I've tried to burn the cotton with this thing and it pure refuses to at 80 watts. I've not tried it higher than that but mike vapes vaped his cotton dry at 110 watts I believe, and never burned it so I feel like it'll be fine.
I’ve used it up to 120 and with the same results as you but have found 90W to be the best for my setup.
I’ve yet to use my mod in any other settings.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I’ve used it up to 120 and with the same results as you but have found 90W to be the best for my setup.
I’ve yet to use my mod in any other settings.

In my mind, if you can scrape together the funds, a dna 250c mod is worth the money for replay alone. Everything else is just gravy! :)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You may be right. I don't have a wide range of experience with different mods to say one way or another. I got my G2 to work in tc for a little while and one day it just said "fuck you" "I'm tired of this" and just about burnt my throat up. Since then I've been using it in watts mode. My battlestar worked for about a week in tc and stared acting all wonky. It's just not meant for me to use tc I guess.

Truthfully, replay on this dna mod doesn't act like tc to me as far as keeping the temperature of the vape level. The vape gets hotter if I chain vape which I do quite a bit. What it does though, is keep my cotton from burning if I don't drip soon enough. That in itself is a miracle to me. Seems like I spend most of my time replacing cotton which is my fault. I know if cotton gets a little dry, it's gonna burn. Yet, I do it all the time. Looks like I'd learn but I haven't yet. :)

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
You may be right. I don't have a wide range of experience with different mods to say one way or another. I got my G2 to work in tc for a little while and one day it just said "fuck you" "I'm tired of this" and just about burnt my throat up. Since then I've been using it in watts mode. My battlestar worked for about a week in tc and stared acting all wonky. It's just not meant for me to use tc I guess.

Truthfully, replay on this dna mod doesn't act like tc to me as far as keeping the temperature of the vape level. The vape gets hotter if I chain vape which I do quite a bit. What it does though, is keep my cotton from burning if I don't drip soon enough. That in itself is a miracle to me. Seems like I spend most of my time replacing cotton which is my fault. I know if cotton gets a little dry, it's gonna burn. Yet, I do it all the time. Looks like I'd learn but I haven't yet. :)
I have the Paranormal. Its replay function is great. I think its the only one with that option.

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I didnt know they all had replay mode. I thought that was new with the Paranormal.
Ive read the Paranormal was the best but u cant believe everything u read. I love mine though. The escribe screen display is awesome. It tells u everything.

diagrammatiks

Member For 1 Year
Have a finder 250c on the way. Got the whole family now except the 40/60/200. Hmm. That’s a lot of the family missing actually.

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Have a finder 250c on the way. Got the whole family now except the 40/60/200. Hmm. That’s a lot of the family missing actually.
U wont be disapointed. The power is amazing. The screen tells u everything u can think of. It works out ohms law perfectly.

etorg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
https://www.sourcemore.com/new-arri...0w-box-mod-black-frame-black-grey-kevlar.html

Used "Aug10" code (on the 11th, I think) and paid $107.91 for LV Triade 250c. It actually arrived (Indiana, USA) Sept 14. Just like every other TC mod, the room temperature thing while "setting up" your coil's resistance is paramount. Replay is freakin' awesome for when you want to change juice...just Vape your cotton dry...lol. Con...the inside radius of the mod's battery door opening corners is larger than the outside radius of the door's corners. AKA...no matter how hard I squeeze, it's just not gonna close all the way. However, the door fits solidly in place resulting in no major concerns.

Update after 5 days: No battery door concerns at all after batteries settle in...3x25r's. This thing is beautiful. Might install some custom ui from escribe so I can reset puff counter.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a Boxer 21700 DNA 250c......
31c581271c039fcbd3effc5822998676.jpg

Man this mod hits harder than a drunken step dad........

Last edited:

VU Sponsors