Become a Patron!

22mm Single Coil RTA Recommendations

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My girlfriend has been using a serpent mini rta for the last month as it’s a nice small tank to fit her Pico. She’s a beginner in building and nine times out of ten I usually have to step in and help and we have both decided that the build deck is a pain in the ass and that it’s time to look for something with a little more space and easier coil mounting. We are also not that impressed with the wick placement on this tank.
I’m an RDA guy and am out of touch with RTA’s so was hoping for some suggestions on some of the better 22mm attys out there. We don’t need big juice capacity just a decent build deck and not too large that it will dwarf the Pico.
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the serpent smm a few weeks ago. Single coil rta holds 4ml I believe. Seems to go quick but I've vape heavy some days.not sure how much different the deck is looks wise but it has really decent slots for the legs. Hope that's close or you may be wanting something different all together.
c844b1be0fd8aca5ca6c638d87e5d327.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The ammit 22 is a breeze to build on. 22mm. Flavor is excellent and you can actually remove the tank to get to the deck without the glass falling off. I use 2 all day long

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m not a big tank guy but I’ve really been enjoying the elfy...

B99CE76E-0FD7-49E2-A511-9C838D8DC671.jpeg

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@32bitlord Is she MTL, RTL, or DTL? There are all sorts of alternatives. I'd almost recommend you set her in front of Youtube and tabs for 3fVape and FT. I got the first package from 3F in 14 days, paying for the first shipping rate above free. @Vaping With Vic does excellent reviews, and if you search from 2 years back you can often find the RTA very cheaply. Even a year old can be cheap, cuz - like.. everyone has to jump on a bandwagon. ;->

Berserker MTL tank? Siren v2 tank? Taifun GT III - mini perhaps? Bigger decks can make for easier builds, but 24+mm is a LOT of room for a single-coil - you'll usually lose flavor. Right now, I'm loving a Rose V3 - better than my Aromamizer v1 and Griffin-25 on this vt133/TC-mode. I set my boss up with my old Pico and a Russian 91% - and all he seems to do is have his wife refill the juice ;-) I set her up with a small, cheap FT subohm tank - and she's never had an issue with it of which I'm aware

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just got the serpent smm a few weeks ago. Single coil rta holds 4ml I believe. Seems to go quick but I've vape heavy some days.not sure how much different the deck is looks wise but it has really decent slots for the legs. Hope that's close or you may be wanting something different all together.
c844b1be0fd8aca5ca6c638d87e5d327.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I did spot the Serpent SMM which does seem to have a much better build deck but all the ads I saw for it said that it was a 24mm atty. Is there also a 22mm version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not all 22 but from
22mm to 23mm RTA,s these are some i use

Taifun GTV3 now theres a Pei tank out steam tuners style on Fasttech just placed an order for 2 even has the notches on tip for JFC chamber,

My favourite RTA,s are BYka v7 RTA have clone and Authentic versions now of this one its my daily pocket carry,

Then next would be the Cloudone v3 RTA has more Airflow and larger juice channels than the V1
But v1 metal tank fits v3 since i own both

Vapor giant v4 mini very nice RTA easy build deck good Flavour and has Restrictive DTL draw

Hussar RTA Coppervape version several Airflow pins that allow MTL or restrictive DTL draws , many tank options

Coppervape skyline RTA single coil again many options on Airflow good Flavour can fit bubble glass from 22mm Cleito for 5.5ml and has drop kits tanks avalible.

Vapor giant v5 v5s RTA very wide open DTL style draw can be shut right down for near v4 type draw
Can fit some pretty big builds

Taifun GTV3 an GTV3 mini
easy building easy wicking
Great Flavours , stram tuners tanks out and others to give it a unique look .

Fev v3 fev v4 good tight draw probably best Flavour RTA made for me tight MTL or open Restricted with Airflow screws removed now has a v4.5 part out that allows dual Airflow still not a eide open draw but can get very cloudy still with a good simple round wire build

Have just re-wicked all mine
27a3c9536124bc00a3bc8611f23ebb15.jpg
929594a593bd13d8448db63f7753fbd3.jpg
aff0cbdbb90d8bac5b9ac24e0de74232.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm awaiting at gt III and Hussar.

Still can't decide if the Skyline is worth getting - the kit is like $20+ to start and then there are other things to get for it, (such as the bubbletanks and those constrictors - which I understand can melt during use)

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Still can't decide if the Skyline is worth getting - the kit is like $20+ to start and then there are other things to get for it, (such as the bubbletanks and those constrictors - which I understand can melt during use)
Depends on how high you vape and how low your coil is , not melted one yet an been using one since released last Easter

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Gt v3 is nice easy to build wick
Hussar has a lot of extras too. Tanks an sizes + different Airflow pins to swap out for hussar you shouldn't need to Remove your coil probably easier if you do when changing Airflow tube under deck, which allows MTL or DTL type draw

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on how high you vape and how low your coil is , not melted one yet an been using one since released last Easter

Yeah, my experience - and reviews - suggest building the usual "very low" coils over airflow, with the Skyline. I'm not sure I want plastic/insulator restrictors in the way when doing so.

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Skyline will only fit small coils
And not big fancy ones either
its not a big cloud chaser RTA
Its a Flavour chaser big difference in how there used.

It's more Designed for smaller coils 2mm 2.5mm an maybe 3mm standard Builds ,

The difference to others is its a small reduced chamber so dont need to be touching or as close to Airflow as possible unlike larger RTA and larger chambers, so you still get great Flavours from it,
why people buy flavour chaser RTA,s RDA,s an treat them as cloud chaser i do not know?

Thats part of the small chamber design , simple builds works well at lower wattages it isnt made for 60 -100+ w builds

Theres plenty of others to choose from if you dont like it

But i think its only the ones who treated it like a larger 25mm cloud chaser build an needed to place big coils that low have suffered the melting ,

the majority who go for these types of Atomiser have not had that problem with small simple builds at lower Watts

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I came up thru the Kayfun, Nova, Terminator-C, Ithaka, Killer, etc - I grok "small coils" and flavor. I merely was/am concerned about the plastic-material.

Having once melted a kayfun insulator - I am really, really well aware of that wonderful "what the hell is this shitty flavor of burning model-airplane?"

Skyline owners: what's the apropos height for the coil? In the kayfun-like stuff I always tried to get it down to about 1mm of the intake. (Obviously, with things like the Terminator/Oddy, you couldn't GET down that low).

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its one of them things
With certain atties
the squi rda has similar problem too has peak Airflow that sits ay either side of the coil
some reported it melts ,
but depends on size of coil how high its running at next to the the airflow , personally i leave a good amount of space under coil to allow me to get a tool in there to keep cotton off the airflow so it wont drip or leak through it,

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ammit 22 is a breeze to build on. 22mm. Flavor is excellent and you can actually remove the tank to get to the deck without the glass falling off. I use 2 all day long
I was going to start a thread on a new Single coil RTA. This looks promising.

I have the Kylin and Kylin Mini, but I want one more just to have/build on, etc.

Is it easy to wick? (kylin mini is a bitch)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well...

• I've got the Haku-clone on the Gbox 200 vaping happily now that I'm home..
  • I've got the Aromamizer V1 sitting on the sink -
    • next to the RSST dual
    • and Griffin 25..
  • The VT133 is sporting a Rose v3, (drained that thru the workday and when I got home), taking a nap..
  • The 2x Monster v2's are somewhere iin the Pacific, riding a Sampan.
    • The Hussar and
    • Taifun GT III are probably waving at the Monsters
  • The 2 Triton RBA's are due this weekend, possibly the same time as
    • the clone Atlantis arrives..
  • The Hugo squonk is packed with it's included RDA, (Nameless), and
    • the Wasp will join it.
  • I've a vrigin Karnoo subohm tank and spare heads packed too:
    • (I keep a "ditty bag" of PIF'able gear in the car to start folks off)
===========
I just rotate use and builds; cleaning and rewicking. If one of them pisses me off, it's benched while I mull over the solution. And, of course, they can always be PIF'd or sold off to someone starting off.

Meanwhile, this keeps me from thinking about how much that Winchester-style safety for my Mauser costs and how much more it will cost to get it installed. Very economical!

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well...

• I've got the Haku-clone on the Gbox 200 vaping happily now that I'm home..
  • I've got the Aromamizer V1 sitting on the sink -
    • next to the RSST dual
    • and Griffin 25..
  • The VT133 is sporting a Rose v3, (drained that thru the workday and when I got home), taking a nap..
  • The 2x Monster v2's are somewhere iin the Pacific, riding a Sampan.
    • The Hussar and
    • Taifun GT III are probably waving at the Monsters
  • The 2 Triton RBA's are due this weekend, possibly the same time as
    • the clone Atlantis arrives..
  • The Hugo squonk is packed with it's included RDA, (Nameless), and
    • the Wasp will join it.
  • I've a vrigin Karnoo subohm tank and spare heads packed too:
    • (I keep a "ditty bag" of PIF'able gear in the car to start folks off)
===========
I just rotate use and builds; cleaning and rewicking. If one of them pisses me off, it's benched while I mull over the solution. And, of course, they can always be PIF'd or sold off to someone starting off.

Meanwhile, this keeps me from thinking about how much that Winchester-style safety for my Mauser costs and how much more it will cost to get it installed. Very economical!

LOL.

Yeah, don't even get me started on gun modifications. Try installing a trigger job on a CZ Scorpion Evo S1. Not. Fun.

/derail

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah.. I got the youngest brother telling me to just use a Dremel; I got videos and instruction pdf's that speak of milling two small places on the bolt.. HINT: I am not munging a nice mauser bolt with a dremel.

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dwaf MTL 22mm single coil RTA has been cloned now 5ml or 2ml options,,
2 neg point even with authentic is pc tank an AFC , its Airflow is done via the airflow adapter under coil , you can pick up different sizes ,
fe5018c47e21d8320fdb9f67dc45ef0b.jpg
5e8308a2ef00aae6dddba43aa2f90ca9.jpg

VU Sponsors