Become a Patron!

bleak1

Member For 1 Year
In all of my 60 years, I was never a cigarette smoker. I tried a few, maybe even bought a pack or two, but it never caught on with me. Later on, I smoked cigars then switched to pipes. Pipe tobaccos are the best legal smoke IMO with opium being the #1 Ruler of anything humans have ever inhaled on this planet, but who can get that shit now anyway lol. I guess people can roll a nice cigarette using some of the better tobacco's but how many bother to use higher priced tobaccos? I do not know.

Long story short; I was smoking only 2-3 bowls of pipe tobacco at night. Sometimes a one-off after an especially stressful day at work. Then one day last month, my landlady (and her inept handyman) let themselves into my apartment to fix the toilet, unexpectedly and unannounced. It was early in the day and the smell of smoke still lingered from the night before. She reminded me first chance she got that smoking is prohibited in my lease and I better watch my ass or I'm out on the street. I was busted!

I avoided vaping for years for health reasons. It's not that I heard anything bad yet; this was before the recent THC pods controversy. After years of bad health, I don't trust the FDA and food manufacturers' lies about what is "safe" to take in as food or anything else (especially medications and vaccines but that's another huge canoworms).

There was a band mate that gave me a gas station eCig which I didn't like but I was climbing the walls from nicotine withdrawal (some pipe tobaccos have a huge nic content). I kept telling myself "this is the last bowl" but that wasn't working. So I went into a B&M head shop and the guy introduced me to the Juul. I bought it and thought it wasn't too bad but it wasn't enough to satisfy the craving. I went back to ask about mods. Another sales clerk told me to stick with Juuls because mods were "too advanced." I told him that I am an advanced person, went home and bought my first mod online lol (Aegis Mini kit). Why someone in sales would discourage a customer from a potential high dollar sale, I will never know.

So my Mini arrived and I ripped open the package, hooked it up to USB (it was already fully charged), learned how to turn it on and shoved some 18 mg tobacco flavored juice in the tank. But, oops, I started to fill the coil which caused a lot of problems (see 'newbie off to a bad start' thread in the Help section). But even with juice leaking everywhere it wasn't too bad. I was getting a strong nic hit and was kind of ripped from it when I got to work that day. So yeah, this is working. I even ordered yet another Mini two days ago figuring that if one is good, two is better.

One more thing I want to say about cigarettes. I know from personal experience what it is like to be addicted to something that alters the self in one way or another (and I'm not talking about pipe tobacco). There are so many addictive substances in this world. Some are legal; some aren't. Some will kill you quickly; others slowly. But in all my experience as someone addicted (to that other totally legal substance... alcohol... over 8 years recovered), I've always felt a great empathy for cigarette smokers who wanted to quit but couldn't. It is a hard, hard thing to quit. It's a very physical addiction plus it's legal and you can get them all too easily. If they say that this or that is going to be illegal... flavors or pods or even all of vaping... or "controlled" in some way, that is such bullshit. Why don't you make cigarettes illegal first? They are far more deadly than almost anything. And screw all your regulatory, big business money scam laws anyway. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Why someone in sales would discourage a customer from a potential high dollar sale, I will never know.

They discourage it because they would make way more money in the long run by selling you disposable pods on a steady basis

And welcome to VU :wave:

I enjoyed your perspective - thanks for sharing!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

One word explains why cigarettes are still legal... MONEY! Taxes and the tobacco settlement bring in the bucks for the states.

Nice introduction to yourself, hope to see you around the forum!

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! You’ll learn a lot of information here and meet a good amount of great people! See you around the forum!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Welcome to the forum:wave:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
In all of my 60 years, I was never a cigarette smoker. I tried a few, maybe even bought a pack or two, but it never caught on with me. Later on, I smoked cigars then switched to pipes. Pipe tobaccos are the best legal smoke IMO with opium being the #1 Ruler of anything humans have ever inhaled on this planet, but who can get that shit now anyway lol. I guess people can roll a nice cigarette using some of the better tobacco's but how many bother to use higher priced tobaccos? I do not know.

Long story short; I was smoking only 2-3 bowls of pipe tobacco at night. Sometimes a one-off after an especially stressful day at work. Then one day last month, my landlady (and her inept handyman) let themselves into my apartment to fix the toilet, unexpectedly and unannounced. It was early in the day and the smell of smoke still lingered from the night before. She reminded me first chance she got that smoking is prohibited in my lease and I better watch my ass or I'm out on the street. I was busted!

I avoided vaping for years for health reasons. It's not that I heard anything bad yet; this was before the recent THC pods controversy. After years of bad health, I don't trust the FDA and food manufacturers' lies about what is "safe" to take in as food or anything else (especially medications and vaccines but that's another huge canoworms).

There was a band mate that gave me a gas station eCig which I didn't like but I was climbing the walls from nicotine withdrawal (some pipe tobaccos have a huge nic content). I kept telling myself "this is the last bowl" but that wasn't working. So I went into a B&M head shop and the guy introduced me to the Juul. I bought it and thought it wasn't too bad but it wasn't enough to satisfy the craving. I went back to ask about mods. Another sales clerk told me to stick with Juuls because mods were "too advanced." I told him that I am an advanced person, went home and bought my first mod online lol (Aegis Mini kit). Why someone in sales would discourage a customer from a potential high dollar sale, I will never know.

So my Mini arrived and I ripped open the package, hooked it up to USB (it was already fully charged), learned how to turn it on and shoved some 18 mg tobacco flavored juice in the tank. But, oops, I started to fill the coil which caused a lot of problems (see 'newbie off to a bad start' thread in the Help section). But even with juice leaking everywhere it wasn't too bad. I was getting a strong nic hit and was kind of ripped from it when I got to work that day. So yeah, this is working. I even ordered yet another Mini two days ago figuring that if one is good, two is better.

One more thing I want to say about cigarettes. I know from personal experience what it is like to be addicted to something that alters the self in one way or another (and I'm not talking about pipe tobacco). There are so many addictive substances in this world. Some are legal; some aren't. Some will kill you quickly; others slowly. But in all my experience as someone addicted (to that other totally legal substance... alcohol... over 8 years recovered), I've always felt a great empathy for cigarette smokers who wanted to quit but couldn't. It is a hard, hard thing to quit. It's a very physical addiction plus it's legal and you can get them all too easily. If they say that this or that is going to be illegal... flavors or pods or even all of vaping... or "controlled" in some way, that is such bullshit. Why don't you make cigarettes illegal first? They are far more deadly than almost anything. And screw all your regulatory, big business money scam laws anyway. Thanks for reading.

Well said. Extremely.

Welcome to VU! (again!)

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome and good to have ya. It’s nice to see someone just start vaping that already sees the hypocrisy of banning vape stuff while cigs remain untouched. Nice choice of mod, those Aegis mods can take a beating and perform well also. Anyway make yourself at home and enjoy your stay.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard ...great into :wave::vino:

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
Welcome to VU... Where the info is solid, the smells are alluring, and the wise-asses are plentiful... :eek:
Please enjoy your stay.....

VU Sponsors