Become a Patron!

.2 Uwell Crown tank wattage

Hey guys. I'm sorta new to the whole mod business, and I just put together my first pieces a few days ago. Ive got a KangerTech Kbox 200 and a Uwell Crown tank with the .2 Ohm coil. I know for high wattages and cloud chasing like I want, I should go mechanical and drip, but working makes it hard to be able to drip when I need nicotine, so I got a tank. I was playing around with the wattages and found I really like 100 Watt vapes. I was told by the guy at the vape store the .2 could handle 120 watts, but everything I have seen online says 75 is max on a .2 coil. Can I run it at 100 for every vape? I also chain vape at night, so I hit it a lot and I just want to make sure its safe

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi
Well I don't have a .2 but I do run the .25 ohm coils in both my Crowns..as with all coils I prime them first, fill up the tank and start low at about 35w..slowly bump up the the power to my sweet spot, judging by how it vapes..numbers are good references but I find even though a coil can be rated at up to 120w I would never vape it that high, as its too hot..I like the .25 at about 62-65w for a great vape I enjoy..after all I'm the one vaping it and to find that best wattage setting for me is by trial and error..
0b62780eff11459393d28acd9c4572fd.jpg
These two Crowns at 65w with VG max juice produces good clouds and awesome flavor on the IPV4 mods...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the 0.25 coils all the time, but I only go around 60-70 watts. If you want to vape it higher, go ahead, but if you find you get early burning just turn it back down.

Hi
Well I don't have a .2 but I do run the .25 ohm coils in both my Crowns..as with all coils I prime them first, fill up the tank and start low at about 35w..slowly bump up the the power to my sweet spot, judging by how it vapes..numbers are good references but I find even though a coil can rated at up to 120w I would never vape it that high, as its too hot..I like the .25 at about 62-65w for a great vape I enjoy..after all In the one vaping it and to find that best wattage setting for me is by trial and error..
0b62780eff11459393d28acd9c4572fd.jpg
These two Crowns at 65w with VG max juice produces good clouds and awesome flavor on the IPV4 mods...

Thank you for the quick reply. I think it is a .25, however the box has started reading it at .2. Not sure why. I guess I'll keep hitting 100 and see how long it takes to burn, think I'll get the .15 dual Ni200 when I replace the coil and see what it can do. I did prime and started at 20w and worked my way up as advised by the worker at VaporWize.

I use the 0.25 coils all the time, but I only go around 60-70 watts. If you want to vape it higher, go ahead, but if you find you get early burning just turn it back down.
Yeah I may just stick with 75, even though the clouds aren't quite as large. I like it hot, but i don't want to burn through coils to quick... I may hit 100 every now and then when I want a real good hit, but 75 is alright

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be aware that in my opinion the 0.25 coils are the best - I found the Ni200 coils particularly disappointing, but if you already have one go ahead and try it!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree 100% with Amanda..I found the Ni200 coils sucked!
Lololo

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Be aware that in my opinion the 0.25 coils are the best - I found the Ni200 coils particularly disappointing, but if you already have one go ahead and try it!
Agreed. I have the .15 Ni200 in my tank now and I'm just waiting for it to die, because I hate to waste stuff. The flavor definitely pales in comparison to the SS coils. Damn thing is lasting forever though...

Thank you guys for saving my money. I'll stock up on a few .25 coils and avoid the .15s. What are the .25 made of? I want to try temp control. Sorry if I'm bugging y'all. I'm new and have a lot of questions about stuff

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you guys for saving my money. I'll stock up on a few .25 coils and avoid the .15s. What are the .25 made of? I want to try temp control. Sorry if I'm bugging y'all. I'm new and have a lot of questions about stuff
Stainless steel. They work in watt mode or TC.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The .25 is SS and Japanese cotton..excellent flavor, and clouds aren't bad either, lol

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No bother! We all have questions from time to time. Do you have a Temp Control mod? The .15s are strictly for temp mode - made of nickel. The general consensus seems to be that the steel coils are the way to go.

I do. My box does watts or tc. I wanted to see what it was like, but wasn't sure what type of wire it was and didn't want to damage anything by running the wrong wire type

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do. My box does watts or tc. I wanted to see what it was like, but wasn't sure what type of wire it was and didn't want to damage anything by running the wrong wire type
Which mod do you have? Sorry if you already said and I missed it. I have an evic mini vtc and a Koopor Plus 200. They both do TC pretty well in the stainless steel mode that's pre programmed. *evic mini will if it has the latest update*

Which mod do you have? Sorry if you already said and I missed it. I have an evic mini vtc and a Koopor Plus 200. They both do TC pretty well in the stainless steel mode that's pre programmed. *evic mini will if it has the latest update*
KangerTech KBox 200. The Stainless Steel tc doesn't seem to work, though.. It'll fire on Ni and To, but not NiCr or SS. Not sure why. Guess I'll stick to watts

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
KangerTech KBox 200. The Stainless Steel tc doesn't seem to work, though.. It'll fire on Ni and To, but not NiCr or SS. Not sure why. Guess I'll stick to watts
Don't have an answer for that. It supposedly can do SS and Nichrome. SS seems to be tricky for some mods, but I know nothing about nichrome. In any event, the .25 coils are great in watt mode, but I don't vape them anywhere near their top end. 45 W is good for me.

VU Sponsors