Become a Patron!

2 18350 in mech mod is it safe

So i have a mech mod and i want to know what possibilities with different batteries i can do whail having it safe I've been vaping with the 2 18350 batteries for a awhile now and i feel that it is pretty safe so i want to know what you know about battery combination ect...

Attachments

• 20170103_140201.jpg
    20170103_140201.jpg
    642.8 KB · Views: 23

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seriously dude ? I hope your build is high. Like 2.5 ohm. Those little batteries are probably like 2 amps.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see way too much wrong here. Two coils of .1 ohms in parallel would cause the batteries to vent. Even one coil at .1 ohms would be disastrous.

Please learn how to properly use a mech mod before continuing. As stated above, those batteries are very low current output and should not be used for vaping any low or subohm coil. You should use an ohmmeter to calculate and verify your build, making sure it is satisfactory for the batteries, BEFORE doing any vaping. If you do not follow this procedure, please put the mech mod and batteries down and learn more about vaping before using the device again. Purchasing your first inexpensive regulated mod should be in your near future.

I'm glad you're over there and I'm over here.

frigusoris

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
At a glance, that is NOT a safe setup. According to some basic maths, you'd be pushing something in the range of 72 amps with that voltage and resistance combo. That would equal about 520 watts of power. If you're thinking of using this setup, DON'T! If you're using it now (Jebas!!) PLEASE STOP!

I would strongly suggest starting with a regulated mod if you have no idea why your setup is NOT safe. Please don't injure yourself or others because you're unaware / unsure of Ohms Law.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18350's at .1 ohm would not even vape the battery voltage would drop to a couple volts.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18350's at .1 ohm would not even vape the battery voltage would drop to a couple volts.
From the way I read it he want's to stack the 18350's.

So basically they're looking to be a contender for this years Darwin Award.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i have a mech mod and i want to know what possibilities with different batteries i can do whail having it safe I've been vaping with the 2 18350 batteries for a awhile now and i feel that it is pretty safe so i want to know what you know about battery combination ect...
Im running 2 10 wrap nano coils at like .10 ohm's i think
latest

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Nblaze1616 You have no idea what you are doing, please put the Mech down NOW. Don't touch it until you know -

• Ohms law
  • Battery Safety
  • Batteries in general
  • Know how to properly build

Until then you are nothing but a candidate for the 2017 Darwin Award and another News headline to fuck over the entire Vaping community.

Please STOP NOW!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From the way I read it he want's to stack the 18350's.

So basically they're looking to be a contender for this years Darwin Award.
Stacked or not with a .1 the voltage would still drop to near nothing.
Then the venting would begin.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stacked or not with a .1 the voltage would still drop to near nothing.
Then the venting would begin.
Yep and blow their fucking face off.

Fuck I'm getting tired of this ya know ......................

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i was wrong the build mesuers out to 1.10 ohm's
I repeat ...

You have no idea what you are doing, please put the Mech down NOW. Don't touch it until you know -

• Ohms law
  • Battery Safety
  • Batteries in general
  • Know how to properly build

Until then you are nothing but a candidate for the 2017 Darwin Award and another News headline to fuck over the entire Vaping community.

Please STOP NOW!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So ive learned that i need to learn alot thanks for being real and not being easy on me. This is not sarcasm
18350 batteries are only good for maybe 15 watts or so.

Glad you learned before you learned the hard way.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So ive learned that i need to learn alot thanks for being real and not being easy on me. This is not sarcasm
Good, that's the point. I can pussy foot around and try to be PC with a bit of passive aggressive bullshit, but that would NOT benefit you at all.

Mech's are awesome, I love them. It's not hard to use them for there are only a few simple rules but extremely important rules. If you don't follow them you will be nothing but a news blip.

Here, this is to start you out along with you need to watch some decent YouTubes on Mech Safety AND go to the Vaping Biker and watch the piece with Battery Mooch.

Now for my lecture for newbies -

1. Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android
2. Batteries, fucking batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!!
a. Avoid shit batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not ebay or amazon) sources, great places to get authentic are from
http://liionwholesale.com/
https://www.imrbatteries.com/
b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"
c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog
d. In Mod's with multipule batteries, marry them.
e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.
3. Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -
a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up
b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery and you can add 1/2 the amp rating of the next battery
c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amp. So a series you build high with a lot of wire, no lower that .4 ohms.
4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build or any shorts.
5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you pit it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front jeans pocket and blow your dick off ya know ;)
6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.
a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool thanksfor the info
Not a problem, any questions what so ever ask. Always remember also the only stupid question is the one not asked. There's a lot of experience on this forum, make use of it.

Also here is the YouTube I was talking about with Mooch, watch it. This will give you 90% more information and knowledge than 90% of the vapers out there. It's a tad bit over an hour but watch it.

Welcome to the Rabbit Hole, warning it's extremely satisfying and fun!

verdigris

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use stacked 10A vapower IMR 350s with 1 ohm single Clapton coil in a Vertex tube mod.
That's 8.4A. Any lower ohms the cells get warm, higher ohm Clapton ramps too slow.
Vertex & Panzer works great for stacked 350s right out the box.
Id only use authentic 10amp IMR batteries for stacking 350s.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use stacked 10A vapower IMR 350s with 1 ohm single Clapton coil in a Vertex tube mod.
That's 8.4A. Any lower ohms the cells get warm, higher ohm Clapton ramps too slow.

Why stack 350's instead of using a single 650 and lose the risk associated with stacking batts in mech mods?

If your coil has too much ramp up time, design a better coil.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stacking 18350's is fucking stupid and you don't have 10a, best you have is 5a. Check Mooch's ratings there ;)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If used correctly it's safe as any mech set up..... that mod after all was sold with the intention of using stacked 18350 batrs.... Granted it wasn't intended you would run a .1ohm coil.. they were thinking you would use a 1ohm or higher build with the mod.

Some of you sissies need to go slap your nose wipping mommies.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

billythetroll

Member For 3 Years
If used correctly it's safe as any mech set up..... that mod after all was sold with the intention of using stacked 18350 batrs.... Granted it wasn't intended you would run a .1ohm coil.. they were thinking you would use a 1ohm or higher build with the mod.

Some of you sissies need to go slap your nose wipping mommies.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
so true, I've seen shit like this happen way to often.they always bitch, but but but mooch said or that's not safe.then they find out it was made for what the up asked and they get butt hurt and never comment again like in this post.was the op wrong about the build yes could it have been simply explained yes did they have to act like birches no.bet they the same people that swear the battery always goes in + side up, vtc bats are the only bat you can go under one ohm with, 24awg ni80 is unsafe a stainless steel wire is uncalled for unless it's in temp control.been seeing this carp for 5 years now and I'm finally suck of it.I bet 200$ a thousand people have went back to analog cigs because of the rants most of these people have put them through so sad.it's almost as if they troll people instead of just a simple talk.glad to see someone stepped in and helped this poor kid lol.

VU Sponsors