Become a Patron!

18500 battery safe with Cana 30 watt chip?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all, I'm going to building a mini DNA 30 mod and I want to use and 18500. I'm planning on using it for my RTA's at anything lower than .8 ohms, so I know I'm good at 30 watts without exceeding the amp limits of the batts.

Only problem is that when I had a Cloupor Cana I remember the instructions saying to use something with a higher amp limit (Sony's specifically).

Am I good with an 18500 with a 10 or 15-amp limit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, would I be okay to use 20- gauge wire on the button connections instead of 24-gauge?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Hey all, I'm going to building a mini DNA 30 mod and I want to use and 18500. I'm planning on using it for my RTA's at anything lower than .8 ohms, so I know I'm good at 30 watts without exceeding the amp limits of the batts.

Only problem is that when I had a Cloupor Cana I remember the instructions saying to use something with a higher amp limit (Sony's specifically).

Am I good with an 18500 with a 10 or 15-amp limit?

I think it will be okay, but I'm not a battery expert. IIRC, 20 amp continuous is recommended for a 30 watt mod. I'm using authentic AW 18490s with a 18 amp continuous rating in my ZNAs, although I have not gone below .5 ohms with it. At .5 ohms (28 gauge dual coil dripper), I have to set it all the way up to 30 watts to get any usable performance at all, at 1 ohm single coil, I set it to 22-24 watts depending on the juice and it is fantastic. I usually stay at around .8 - 1 ohm, between 16-22 watts with my Russians and Kayfuns, and have never had any problems with the AWs. I've been using them for about 16 months and they have been awesome, I'm on my second set now, the first started failing at around 12 months. I have also tried the eFest 18500s, and they aren't very good, I had 3 of them and the QC is awful, they only lasted half as long as the AWs, and overall I was very unhappy with them.

HTH, YMMV!

VU Sponsors