Become a Patron!

18350 mechs

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's with the new craze for 18350 mechs with tanks on top? You have a ten amp limit. Vapor sucks. I've tried quite a few - Vertex, Glas, Petit Gros. Never could fathom why people love them now? It's not a pod.

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lots of people like MTL at 0.8 ~ 1 ohm in a portable package (and not a pod, but something you can rebuild),

0.8ohm @ 12 mg (im normally a 3mg) on a mtl rda / rta is a perfectly decent vape when you dont want to drag that stacked 21700 mod aroudn

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's with the new craze for 18350 mechs with tanks on top? You have a ten amp limit. Vapor sucks. I've tried quite a few - Vertex, Glas, Petit Gros. Never could fathom why people love them now? It's not a pod.
I could never figure why anyone like them back in the day of 18350 tube mods.I mean they were cute and everything, and they were a nice fit in the hand,but...what a pain in the ass.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually 10 amps will give you around 35 watts.
That is about as high as I vape anyway.
I vape 15-16W with my Subtank Minis/RBA.

Of course at 35W the 18350 will run dry pretty quickly too.

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@1ohm on a fresh 4.2V load, assuming no losses, will give you 4.2 amps and 17.6 watts

1ohm with 5 or 6 wraps of kanthal 28 on 2.5mm heats pretty fast

I use Lernaia Hydra in this mode on a single coil mtl and can easily spen the afternoon out with it

18350 batteries ~> about 800 mah
pod systems ~> 300 ~ 400 mah

It's not as bad as you think it's

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could never figure why anyone like them back in the day of 18350 tube mods.I mean they were cute and everything, and they were a nice fit in the hand,but...what a pain in the ass.
I owned a number of them and traded every one away. Why drip at 15-20 watts when you can get a small mod and a small RTA ...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Per mooch's testing charts even the best fully charged 18350 will drop to 3.8 -3.9 volts right off the bat at a 5 amp load.
which is the Vapcell Purple flat top 1100 mah.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I owned a number of them and traded every one away. Why drip at 15-20 watts when you can get a small mod and a small RTA ...

Yep why I like my Kbox minis with a Subtank Mini on top with RBA.
And regulated does not suffer from diminishing vape quality.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 18350 and 18500 cells never made me interested: they just don't last long enough to get excited.

I'd further mention - and I am old - that they never had the amps to manage my coils.

That said, maybe the elf-squads increased the AMPS and then the LIFE of the cells: I'd sure love to learn of *500 and *350 cells that can manage my use for 2, 4 and 6 hours,

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 18350 and 18500 cells never made me interested: they just don't last long enough to get excited.

I'd further mention - and I am old - that they never had the amps to manage my coils.

That said, maybe the elf-squads increased the AMPS and then the LIFE of the cells: I'd sure love to learn of *500 and *350 cells that can manage my use for 2, 4 and 6 hours,

I mean, i normally use 18650 through 21700 mech mods, normally 0.08 to 0.1 ohms

but try that with a 12mg or 18mg juice

also 18350 are very stealthy, i usually take one with me to the movies

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Per mooch's testing charts even the best fully charged 18350 will drop to 3.8 -3.9 volts right off the bat at a 5 amp load.
which is the Vapcell Purple flat top 1100 mah.

yeah i mentioned 'discarding drop' as in ideal scenario, a 1100 mah 18350 will be 10 amps limit tops, AWs from rtdvapor at 800mah give you 15 amps limit

again, to each its own, i dont much like regulated devices

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried 350's amd 500's, a few years back: they suck. You can't even conveniently sWap them. This was mostly mechs and a few regulated: they suck.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am pretty sure it has at least as much to do with CDR as maH: they just suck.

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried 350's amd 500's, a few years back: they suck. You can't even conveniently sWap them. This was mostly mechs and a few regulated: they suck.
it's the beauty of vaping, you can have it your way :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple sitting on the shelf that were given to me in trades,I never use them and I'm no cloud chaser by any stretch of the imagination, probablly around 18-20 watts is my sweet spot...I always wondered why they never made a battery as short as an 18350 and as wide as a 26650...it would give you longer life and still be comfortable in the hand.

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I remember the EA, I toyed with the idea of buying one, but I thought the GG was alot better looking mod...

yeah it was, but the 23mm width made it hard to match with most rdas

found the EA2 (24mm) for $40 bucks on a close sale some time ago and jumped to it

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah it was, but the 23mm width made it hard to match with most rdas

found the EA2 (24mm) for $40 bucks on a close sale some time ago and jumped to it
yeah I don't blame you, they were cool well made high end mods. and for 40 bucks...

VU Sponsors