rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oops, that's Where To Find??

What is the difference between the "flat" tops and the "button" tops. I can see the physical difference, but is there any functional difference? Are each the same exact length?

I see some (eBay) are rated at 850 mAh while others advertise 2200 - 3000 mAh. It's been a while (1964) since my US Navy basic electronics training taught me that was the rating of "current flow over time". That tells me that the higher mAh indicates higher overall capacity. I'm beginning to doubt that in this whacky world of vaping!

I just purchased (and love) a Lrider Mini Lambo kit that uses this 14500 flat tip battery thru eBay. I am trying to pick up a few backup batteries...

http://www.lridertech.com/productView.aspx?view=490

T I A!

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The technology with 14500 batteries will truly only be rated around 500-800 (these are actual ratings vs label), if they say higher than 900+, they're lying.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The buttons add to the length, so a button top might well not fit in that mod.

ICR types have higher capacity than IMR, but are less safe. I decided to use only IMRs for that reason, so I know very little about what capacity ICRs might have.

When I looked around a couple of months ago, I settled on the efest 700 mAh V2 IMR. I think there were some IMRs with higher capacity ratings but, looking at discharge charts, they didn't hold up well at the higher currents we use (compared to the current they use to get the mAh rating).

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The buttons add to the length, so a button top might well not fit in that mod.

ICR types have higher capacity than IMR, but are less safe. I decided to use only IMRs for that reason, so I know very little about what capacity ICRs might have.

When I looked around a couple of months ago, I settled on the efest 700 mAh V2 IMR. I think there were some IMRs with higher capacity ratings but, looking at discharge charts, they didn't hold up well at the higher currents we use (compared to the current they use to get the mAh rating).

Thanks for the info. You have separated the vitamins from the manure concerning these batteries!! Good Job!!!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://voidhawkflashlights.com/prod...ries/lithium-ion-rechargable-batteries-14500/

I have two packs of two that I'm looking to send to someone (for free) to test out for our community, I received them for free from Voidhawk for testing. If you check the weblink that I posted, you can see the specs of them. I will be mailing them out on Saturday at the latest, if your interested in trying some out, let me know. -Celtic

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://voidhawkflashlights.com/prod...ries/lithium-ion-rechargable-batteries-14500/

I have two packs of two that I'm looking to send to someone (for free) to test out for our community, I received them for free from Voidhawk for testing. If you check the weblink that I posted, you can see the specs of them. I will be mailing them out on Saturday at the latest, if your interested in trying some out, let me know. -Celtic

I'd be willing to try them out, I am very appreciative of 14500's. Also, much appreciated.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
very nice, I have one set of 14500's headed out on Friday or Saturday to Rowdy and to Tripster, leaving one set of two left, if anyone else is interested, let 'ol Celtie know.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You da man!!!

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
PS - I'll be happy to pay the postage... If you take Paypal.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oops, that's Where To Find??

What is the difference between the "flat" tops and the "button" tops. I can see the physical difference, but is there any functional difference? Are each the same exact length?

I see some (eBay) are rated at 850 mAh while others advertise 2200 - 3000 mAh. It's been a while (1964) since my US Navy basic electronics training taught me that was the rating of "current flow over time". That tells me that the higher mAh indicates higher overall capacity. I'm beginning to doubt that in this whacky world of vaping!

I just purchased (and love) a Lrider Mini Lambo kit that uses this 14500 flat tip battery thru eBay. I am trying to pick up a few backup batteries...

http://www.lridertech.com/productView.aspx?view=490

T I A!
Those 2000+ ones are Chinese mAh...totally blown out of proportion

Go to RTDVapor and get you some Efest or AW 14500's...anything less, especially the ones that say ****fire somewhere in the name might not be "totally" safe...sure they might work just fine...until that one time

Just wait till you see some of the claims for the flashlights from China...another "Chinese Lumen" problem

Want a bad ass DIRT CHEAP 14500 mechanical, with a buttery smooth firing pin [can't tail stand it though unless you lock it out before you do]?
http://www.fasttech.com/p/1490600

I have one, with a 1.8Ω coil on a GS-H2 and it hits like a truck!

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd love to give them a try, if you've still got them. I bought a /v/-mod for my son & I'm trying it out to fine tune it before I give it to him. I think I'm only going to end up using the stock body& bottle... I'm finding the stock batteries to be weak - even freshly charged. I had 1 AW IMR and it performs much better.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Getting pretty positive feedback on the Voidhawk's so far!!!!

VU Sponsors