Become a Patron!

12 hours to decide what tank to buy

R.vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi there,I'm about to buy a aspire nautilus 5ml but seeing conflicting reviews. I need to buy in 14 hours as I getting a lift to the shop,and cant make up my mind wether to get the nauti or something else,any tips an advice would be greatly appreciated,thanks

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nautilus is a good choice with BVC's. You can always get a Kanger Subtank mini if you have a mod that can hit 25 watts and go to .5 Ohms.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The nautilus is a good tank. It really depends what you're using now, and what you're planning to run it on!

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've run my Nautilus on a 1600Mah Spinner when the battery in my Provari unexpectedly crapped out at work, heh - it worked well at 4.8V. Killed the Spinner in a few hours, but at least I was vaping...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What kind of mod are you using?

That could change our answers.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the Nautilus and the Nautilus Mini. In my opinion the Mini is better, haven't had any flooding issues and seems to vape better and who wants to fill a tank with 5ml anyway?

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The nautilus is a good tank. It really depends what you're using now, and what you're planning to run it on!

As Amanda said, it would help to know what you're currently using and what sort of mod/battery you're going to put it on.

The Aspire Nautilus (5ml size) with BVC's will work best between 8 watts and 18 watts (most seem to report 11 to 13 being their favorite from what I've read, but this is entirely personal preference and juice dependent). Any 10-15 watt device will run it quite well (So, VAMO, SVD, MVP) and any 20 watt or higher device will be able to realize the full potential although you may not need it. The bare minimum, in my opinion, would be a variable voltage spinner/twist style battery, at max setting - it works, but isn't the best.

Kanger Aerotanks / Genitanks work well too, and wouldn't be a bad choice in the same range of clearomizers as the Nautilus if you want something different.

R.vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No they work well. I slightly prefer the flavor in the minis to the flavor in the big one.
well I am on my way home with the nautilus mini, can't wait to try it
been told to not put drops in the coil to prime it,they said fill it up an leave it for 30mins,a will let you know how it goes ,in about an hour

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well I am on my way home with the nautilus mini, can't wait to try it
been told to not put drops in the coil to prime it,they said fill it up an leave it for 30mins,a will let you know how it goes ,in about an hour

You can do that. Or, if you're impatient like I am, cover the air intake hole and take a few face puckering draws (as no air is getting in anywhere) and you have an insta-prime.

R.vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can do that. Or, if you're impatient like I am, cover the air intake hole and take a few face puckering draws (as no air is getting in anywhere) and you have an insta-prime.
well what can I say,very nice got some decent juice too an its a beauty,loving it. And I'm very surprised what flavour I got.I tasted a boom juice custard n its gorgeous,did not think I would like that but oh yeah it's best taste iv had in my mouth apart from my angels apple pie

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well what can I say,very nice got some decent juice too an its a beauty,loving it. And I'm very surprised what flavour I got.I tasted a boom juice custard n its gorgeous,did not think I would like that but oh yeah it's best taste iv had in my mouth apart from my angels apple pie

Great news! Hope you bought some spare bvc coils to go with it?

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It's always nice when things go just right. :)

R.vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great news! Hope you bought some spare bvc coils to go with it?
got two with it but now I know I really like it I'm going back in town Friday and the bvc coils are first on the list.is there any new vapers who are interested in drippers? you should of seen this box a young lad had,he had 3 others for drippers an one with a rba but,what I thought was a wooden box t I put a couple of them in it. Nope,turned out to be the maddest mod iv ever see,he opened it to show me and it was two big massive battery's but the wires were in brass pipes,it looked so simple with no wires

R.vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As Amanda said, it would help to know what you're currently using and what sort of mod/battery you're going to put it on.

The Aspire Nautilus (5ml size) with BVC's will work best between 8 watts and 18 watts (most seem to report 11 to 13 being their favorite from what I've read, but this is entirely personal preference and juice dependent). Any 10-15 watt device will run it quite well (So, VAMO, SVD, MVP) and any 20 watt or higher device will be able to realize the full potential although you may not need it. The bare minimum, in my opinion, would be a variable voltage spinner/twist style battery, at max setting - it works, but isn't the best.

Kanger Aerotanks / Genitanks work well too, and wouldn't be a bad choice in the same range of clearomizers as the Nautilus if you want something different.
yeah nice one for info,I'm on with a MVP2 11w as only vaping five or six weeks and loving vaping,especially now with nautilus but I'm seriously considering getting a dripper n rba,

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah nice one for info,I'm on with a MVP2 11w as only vaping five or six weeks and loving vaping,especially now with nautilus but I'm seriously considering getting a dripper n rba,
Enjoy your MVP and Nautilus for a while first, and do lots of reading and watching tutorial vids on youtube. Drippers and the mechanical mod box you described above require quite a bit of safety and preparatory knowledge, not something you should jump into lightly. Do the research and get the learning done, and then consider dripping :)

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And it begins...Welcome to the dark side
best-devil-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: Jah

R.vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Enjoy your MVP and Nautilus for a while first, and do lots of reading and watching tutorial vids on youtube. Drippers and the mechanical mod box you described above require quite a bit of safety and preparatory knowledge, not something you should jump into lightly. Do the research and get the learning done, and then consider dripping :)
fattlestar do you think I could start trying drippers with an istick 50w as price in the shop I go it's £50,I was thinking of starting to try a dripper with that?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fattlestar do you think I could start trying drippers with an istick 50w as price in the shop I go it's £50,I was thinking of starting to try a dripper with that?

You can drip with anything! So, yes, you can drip using the Istick 50. Be sure to read up about coil building, ohms law, and safety.

R.vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can drip with anything! So, yes, you can drip using the Istick 50. Be sure to read up about coil building, ohms law, and safety.
thanks Amanda,it seems to me that the sooner I get a dripper the the sooner I save more money,not liking the thought of having to buy coils for tanks all the time.i am quite ill so spend all day inside.definitely getting rba too inabit

VU Sponsors