Become a Patron!

100W box mods that can charge with ut taking out the batterys(usb)

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so i just want to know if anyone know of a good box mod 100w maybe 150w that can safly charge 2x sony vt5 batterys. maybe even 26650's any help would be great. i did see a review for the smy 260w box and the guy said it charges perfect on usb but i dont need or want 260w or a mod the size of a vhs.

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so i take it no mods are made to charge via usa...?

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well most 100 watt mods use two 18650 batteries in series and charging batteries in series with our compromising the batteries is difficult. So at the moment I think the ipv 3 is the only device that can be charged with out taking the batteries out but it does use its own proprietary cable

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so i take it no mods are made to charge via usa...?
Yes the IPV V3 can be charged with its own cable that as said above is proprietary but again it is also in series now
I do charge it many times with the charger but thats only cause I have so many batteries I could care less if it diminishes
the longevity I will give you an eample before most of the RC industry switched to LIPO they used Li-ion and charged in series but I used to race
gas Monster trucks about 8 9myears ago and those batteries did not last long at all sometimes they would go witing 20 charges..
If you get a mod that has a magnetic backplate why care about if you can charge it via usb.. it takes longer and was always a dumb idea for high MAH batteries

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man. I watched a review that said the ipv3 has a spot for a charger but the charger was not included.. if anyone could clear that up for me that would be great.. I just won 450$ at the gas station on a keno machine and it's time to get a box mod.

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what a really wanted was something that could char with usb so i could charge it in my car. i drive a lot for work.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Get a Siegelei 100 or 150 watt, two sets good matched batteries (I use the VCT5s, 2600mAh each) unless you are dripping at high wattages (don't drip and drive) I would bet you can get through your long day of driving just fine. Or two long days of driving.

And a lot of chargers come with 12 VDC adapters so you are covered there.

And, it will take you for freaking EVER to charge twin 18650s via a USB in your device. Like all night!

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
all vary good points thanks guys. im sure with me using a seg 150 at 40-60w will last a day or two

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well, 40 to 60 watts for a full day may be pushing it depending on how much you vape.

But you can carry an extra set of charged batteries with you. I do that all the time when I feel the need.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man. I watched a review that said the ipv3 has a spot for a charger but the charger was not included.. if anyone could clear that up for me that would be great.. I just won 450$ at the gas station on a keno machine and it's time to get a box mod.
As I said yes there is a spot and I do charge it sometimes that way you can get the charger on ebay for 4.00 if you know which one to get but again I would not recommend it.. I have both the sigelei 150 watt and the IPV V3 they are both great same chipset but I prefer the sigelei's buttons I do not like the round small buttons on the IPV V3 I would get the sigelei and be done with it... the IPV V3 does have the ability to upgrade to 165 watts and I did it which is totally retarded and a waste of time I never vape that high ever even with a .1 ohm build I can barely take 100watts so there ya go

VU Sponsors