>100 Watt Club

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
With the advent of the God Box, I thought it would be a good time to start a thread about vaping in excess of 100 watts.

1. What are your numbers?
2. What are you using?
3. What kind of build and what on?
4. Impressions.

The above need not be an any particular order.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
On my God Box, I'm vaping at 120w/8.4v
Dual micro build. 14 wraps of 24g for a total of 5.9ohms
Tobh V2 with the ring flipped (I like my coils to be quite high, and on this atomiser, it's the only way to have the airflow "wide open".

I never thought I would be vaping at these numbers, but I MUST SAY that it really amps up the flavour of my juices!! A couple things to know, is that you need to use a completely new set of numbers. The God Box will not fire anything below .5ohms....but that is compensated by the much higher wattage options available.
At 120w I have found that using "normal" builds really make for shit flavour...so to compensate, I have found that increasing the number of wraps, and increasing coil diameter also increases surface area and brings the flavour to new levels not found at lower power settings.
Keep in mind, that with that kind of build, vaping under 100w results in very very slow ramp up and cool down of the coils...but once you go above 110w, it responds immediately.
One last thing to note......keep your juice handy!!! I do six second rips (yes, at THAT power level) and subesquently, I get about 3-4 pulls before I need to add more juice....but OMG it is SO worth it.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tobh V2 with the ring flipped (I like my coils to be quite high, and on this atomiser, it's the only way to have the airflow "wide open".

I never thought I would be vaping at these numbers, but I MUST SAY that it really amps up the flavour of my juices!! A couple things to know, is that you need to use a completely new set of numbers. The God Box will not fire anything below .5ohms....but that is compensated by the much higher wattage options available.
At 120w I have found that using "normal" builds really make for shit flavour...so to compensate, I have found that increasing the number of wraps, and increasing coil diameter also increases surface area and brings the flavour to new levels not found at lower power settings.
Keep in mind, that with that kind of build, vaping under 100w results in very very slow ramp up and cool down of the coils...but once you go above 110w, it responds immediately.
One last thing to note......keep your juice handy!!! I do six second rips (yes, at THAT power level) and subesquently, I get about 3-4 pulls before I need to add more juice....but OMG it is SO worth it.

Excellent commentary and makes a lot of sense , no doubt your going to have to modify your coils and builds to get this type of device to work at the much higher settings .

If you think it makes your juices really shine then thats all that matters , it is 100% completely user preference after all. I'm sticking to my 7.5 max watt limit because i'm a big pussy , ( however , don't be fooled , when i drink, i become extremely reckless and have been known to vape as high as 8 watts at times).

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Interesting info, thanks! One question though, is it really 5.9ohms??

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Excellent commentary and makes a lot of sense , no doubt your going to have to modify your coils and builds to get this type of device to work at the much higher settings .

If you think it makes your juices really shine then thats all that matters , it is 100% completely user preference after all. I'm sticking to my 7.5 max watt limit because i'm a big pussy , ( however , don't be fooled , when i drink, i become extremely reckless and have been known to vape as high as 8 watts at times).
That is it full stop. Everyone has THEIR vape, and that is all that matters. Too much following the crowd just causes one to purchase things that they will just be unhappy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally got my phone charged and plugged those numbers into the coil calculator and I just don't see how you're getting 5.9ohm coils. The calculator is saying a single coil would require 85 wraps on a 2mm diameter coil to get 5.9ohms. And 14 wraps only gives 5.9ohms if the coil is 28mm in diameter.

When I plug in 24ga wire and 2mm diameter with 14wraps, it comes back with a 1ohm coil. So I've gotta be missing something here.

I have never heard of anyone using such a high resistance so I'm curious about how you are achieving it. Thanks!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Do I need a 100 watt plus mod?

NO, Absolutely not.

Am I a vaper as well as a boy inside a mans body?

Hell yes!

Us Boys (and the Gals of course) we like our toys and the chance to say...........

MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!

DUHH.

So I bought the Sigelei 100 watt Raptor this week and I love it.

For a couple of reasons.

It will fit and surpas my vaping needs.

It is very well built and with 2 X 18650 batts in it, it will last a good long time between charges.

About a year ago, I was asked what my favorite mod would look like and what kind of functions would it have.

I started out by saying a box mod (and those were all mostly custom at the time).

Well built, VV/VW, holds 2 X 18650 batteries, has an accurate battery life gauge, has an accurate resistance reading for the coil, shows voltage being used and of course what you have your volts or watts set at.

While I do not vape at anywhere near 100 watts, I may choose to do so in the future and I am now set for that.

And bieng half crazy, I am willing to bet that within the next couple of years there will be new topper/atomizer/RBA/RDA technology comming out that will need a higher power output.

Again I am set.

And even now in many instances I can still say proudly............

Mine is Bigger than Yours.

NeenerNeener!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My fatababy(Sigelei with a nice paint job) is setup with a Big Dripper, Dual 24 Gauge coils coming in at .5 Ohms. I'm vaping at 55.2 Watts with the airflow fully open. Massive, Massive cloud production with a great flavor profile using my Blood Orange Custard recipe (90 VG/10 PG) @ 6 mg nic.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I have to build a higher build but I am vaping at 74 watts atr .2 ohms 26g twisted Jap cotton on a Lancia clone RDA I think the Rayon was doing better goign to switch back
IPV V3

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I put them neck and neck in my experience. I will say that when going above 100w, you need to increase coil surface area.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ohhh my impressions are similar to @UncleRJ most of the time I use Mechs for RDA's but having the ability like today to go out early get my car worked on, RDA all day at .2ohm, then stop at the vape bar and hang for 2 hours as everyone wants to play watch a guy with a 200watt raptor box light his shirt sleeve on fire. I love it for what I got it for the battery life and versatility. Today was the first time I used it for what I bought it for. I got home yeah she was ready for a charge but put her on for an hour sometimes I charge with the charger sometimes I take the batteries out as I rotate them it was great exactly why I bought it... I do not think for the common user they need this power but its great knowing you have it.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I put them neck and neck in my experience. I will say that when going above 100w, you need to increase coil surface area.
Yeah I through this coil together a coupple weeks ago I do not care for the twisted on the Lancia I have some other guages coming in and want to increase the area s you said @franciscan

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I through this coil together a coupple weeks ago I do not care for the twisted on the Lancia I have some other guages coming in and want to increase the area s you said @franciscan

So do a 22 Gauge dual coil micro coil at 0.3 ohms. I have a Lancia too,it ain't doing it for me.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So do a 22 Gauge dual coil micro coil at 0.3 ohms. I have a Lancia too,it ain't doing it for me.
I want to get a Lancia just for giggles. Looks nice, need to see if it's up tae some abuse.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will man just tired tonight not even using the Lancia or the IPV v3 right now thanx

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I want to get a Lancia just for giggles. Looks nice, need to see if it's up tae some abuse.
It is I think it can handle tyou My only gripe is the top O ring I had to replace it with a better one the top kept coming out what is cool if you use the Pyrex top you can play around and make crazy light affects with your coils hahaha crazy looking people kept staring and waling over today when they saw that thing light up lI was thinking of putting some silver wire and running it up at the top and making a crazy design haha I like al thecrazy air pegs I feel like a kid playing with my blocks

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will man just tired tonight not even using the Lancia or the IPV v3 right now thanks
Me as well, just came off 16 hour shift bakery shift. Had a couple beers afterwards, I'm done. Need sleep. Getting old bites. Fuck, when I was 28 I would party till dawn. Not any more...:(

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is I think it can handle tyou My only gripe is the top O ring I had to replace it with a better one the top kept coming out what is cool if you use the Pyrex top you can play around and make crazy light affects with your coils hahaha crazy looking people kept staring and waling over today when they saw that thing light up lI was thinking of putting some silver wire and running it up at the top and making a crazy design haha I like al thecrazy air pegs I feel like a kid playing with my blocks
Lego my eggo:p

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me as well, just came off 16 hour shift bakery shift. Had a couple beers afterwards, I'm done. Need sleep. Getting old bites. Fuck, when I was 28 I would party till dawn. Not any more...:(
Same man I remember hitting 35 and I felt a pain hit the 40's and my Gal bladder blows up whats next my freaking Head like the Movie scanners I feel ya man :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well ya got a few years on me but I still feel ya man hahaaha :) now not touchy touchy feel ya
suddenly I felt a Rack of cakes faling over on me and saying I cant get up to Vape!

VU Sponsors