Become a Patron!

1*26650 vs 2*18650

Mr T

Member For 4 Years
I´m thinking of buying the
S-Body VapeDroid C1D2 DNA 75 Box Mod and juse the 26650 battery for longer battery life than I have now in my Pico 75w with one 18650. Is this a good idea or should I just go whit a dual 18650 box mod like the Hotcig R150 TC Mod? I want my battery to last all day..

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Best dual 18650 mods I own are the VT133, Ipv5, and the G2. The best 26650 mod I own is the Hohmtech Slice. I don't own a DNA 75 s o I can't comment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the DNA 75 and it uses an 18650 faster than my Pico in TC mode but the DNA is more accurate and smoother. I don't know how much you vape but I don't get a full day out of a 3 battery mod.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would personally go for a dual 18650 device due to the lower load on your batteries at the same wattage vs a single battery, with this I would expect a longer battery life vs a single 26650.

Plus, you can go for some of the 3000MAH capacity 18650's, which will benefit you with the increase in watt hours.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd either go with a dual 18650 like the H-Priv or HohmWrecker, or dual 26650 like the LUX.
Most generally a single 26650 will not last longer than a pair of 18650.

Mr T

Member For 4 Years
I'd either go with a dual 18650 like the H-Priv or HohmWrecker, or dual 26650 like the LUX.
Most generally a single 26650 will not last longer than a pair of 18650.

You don´t think that a single 26650 will last all day? Usually I need aprox. the power of 1 1/2 18650 to last all day, and I´m tired of recharging the batteries..

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You don´t think that a single 26650 will last all day? Usually I need aprox. the power of 1 1/2 18650 to last all day, and I´m tired of recharging the batteries..
All day is a relative term that has way to many x factors to accurately answer. Put it to you this way. I vape in tc at 65-85 watts and 475-500f depending on the juice. I vape 30-40mls a day. I don't get a full day out of a 26650. I get 4-6 hours out of it depending on which battery I'm using. When dealing with 26650's you're dealing with old tech.

Mr T

Member For 4 Years
All day is a relative term that has way to many x factors to accurately answer. Put it to you this way. I vape in tc at 65-85 watts and 475-500f depending on the juice. I vape 30-40mls a day. I don't get a full day out of a 26650. I get 4-6 hours out of it depending on which battery I'm using. When dealing with 26650's you're dealing with old tech.

OK, thank you, I almost pulled the trigger on the Vapedroid, A dual 18650 might be a better choise for me..

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Most reviews of single 26650 mods feature at least one low battery warning. When you factor in the cost of 26650s compared to 18650s the advantages start to become outweighed by the negatives.

The battery manufacturers don't care that we like the idea of 26650s they care that electronics manufacturers want 18650s so they continue to dump the r&d money into 18650.

26650s are the Betamax of vaping.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, thank you, I almost pulled the trigger on the Vapedroid, A dual 18650 might be a better choise for me..
My advice would be look for a Evolv, FSK, or Yihi board no matter what battery configuration you decide to go with.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Best dual 18650 mods I own are the VT133, Ipv5, and the G2. The best 26650 mod I own is the Hohmtech Slice. I don't own a DNA 75 s o I can't comment.

I agree with this. Also I prefer dual 18650 mods

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't say how long ANY setup will last for you because I don't know how much you vape or your setup but for me, the only two setups I have that last me more than 1 day is;
1. Sigelei Fuchai 213 / Smok TFV4 mini with .3 coil
2. Ijoy LUX / TFV8 with V8-T8 coil. (well ANY coil for that matter)
For #1, it is more about the Smok TFV4 mini with .3 coil and NOT the mod.
I only put it on that mod because of cosmetics.
But the TFV8 with V8-T8 coil has NOT lasted me an entire day on any other mod.
While I had it one of the HohmWreckers, it did last ALMOST all day though.

Mr T

Member For 4 Years
I´m using a Vaporesso Target Tank with the 0,9 Ohm ceramic coils on a Pico 75W, vaping at 28-32w..

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I´m using a Vaporesso Target Tank with the 0,9 Ohm ceramic coils on a Pico 75W, vaping at 28-32w..
In my experience, using a 26650 at under 40w easily get me a day to a day and a half of steady use. With a .9 coil you'll have no issues getting a day. I've seen the vape droid in reviews and it looks really nice. I'd say go for it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most reviews of single 26650 mods feature at least one low battery warning. When you factor in the cost of 26650s compared to 18650s the advantages start to become outweighed by the negatives.

The battery manufacturers don't care that we like the idea of 26650s they care that electronics manufacturers want 18650s so they continue to dump the r&d money into 18650.

26650s are the Betamax of vaping.

At his resistance and wattage he won't have the battery warning issue.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At his resistance and wattage he won't have the battery warning issue.
CORRECT, while I was saying I don't get a full day out of mine, I was NOT taking into consideration the entirety of the topic at hand.
Using a cCell .9 coils (in the 30 watt range) it'd be easy to get an entire day of use.
(error on my part)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CORRECT, while I was saying I don't get a full day out of mine, I was NOT taking into consideration the entirety of the topic at hand.
Using a cCell .9 coils (in the 30 watt range) it'd be easy to get an entire day of use.
(error on my part)

Sorry about that.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have vape forward stout use 26650 (Brillipower green 35w 0.35ohms from 7 am to 10 pm still no issue no low battery error, 2nd one I have VT133 2 LG brown HG2 same configuration/setting all day and still 55% so conclusion is both style gives me all day long but again it's depend on your vaping style and configuration (if you chain vape don't expect any of the above solution will give you entire day). Thanks

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have vape forward stout use 26650 (Brillipower green 35w 0.35ohms from 7 am to 10 pm still no issue no low battery error, 2nd one I have VT133 2 LG brown HG2 same configuration/setting all day and still 55% so conclusion is both style gives me all day long but again it's depend on your vaping style and configuration (if you chain vape don't expect any of the above solution will give you entire day). Thanks
Hell I can't even get a full day with a triple 18650 mod :giggle:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hell I can't even get a full day with a triple 18650 mod :giggle:
You are the king nothing yet for your need, what's your setup is if you like to share? Watt, ohm etc

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You are the king nothing yet for your need, what's your setup is if you like to share? Watt, ohm etc

22 awg nichrome, 11 wraps 4 mm id. .26 ohm. I run it 60-70 watts. Big vapor and tons of flavor. :)

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
22 awg nichrome, 11 wraps 4 mm id. .26 ohm. I run it 60-70 watts. Big vapor and tons of flavor. :)
In this scenario I believed even 4 batteries will not be enough for you

Last edited:

VU Sponsors