Become a Patron!

‘It’s the Wild West out there.’ E-cigarette advertising reaches 70 percent of middle and high school

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
More lies & propaganda from known vaping hater CDC Director Tom Frieden.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-7-in-10-middle-and-high-schoolers-cdc-says/

"It's no coincidence that as the advertising has skyrocketed, the use of e-cigarettes has skyrocketed."

Well, since vendors are not allowed by law to promote a product for what it was designed and sold for these vendors have no choice to make their products to looks revolutionary and "cool".

They aren't allowed to say they are to help you quit smoking and if the FDA get their way vendors won't even be allowed to say that vaping truthfully contains no tobacco.
Also expect a "This product IS NOT a safe alternative to smoking cigarettes" warning on vaping products as well.

"CDC's findings were drawn from the 2014 National Youth Tobacco Survey, which included a representative sample of more than 22,000 middle and high school students. Nearly 70 percent -- an estimated 18.3 million students -- reported having seen e-cigarette marketing in at least one setting that year. They were most likely to see e-cig ads in retail stores, followed by the internet, television, movies, newspapers and magazines. Young people reported seeing more ads for conventional cigarettes and other tobacco products in retails stores than for e-cigarettes, but the level of exposure in other venues was comparable."

So even though Tobacco control has been censoring the tobacco industry for two decades they still have more children seeing cigarette advertisements that vaping ones.

Tobacco Control & "Public Health" are doing such a bang up job at preventing smoking
More like vaping is taking place of cigarette initiation in which vaping does not carry the same addiction potential as cigarettes.

A kid smokes a pack of cigarettes and he/she is now hooked for life.
A kid tries vaping, 60% of the time there isn't even any nicotine in the eliquid and very, very few never smokers go on to become addicted to vaping and even fewer go on to smoke conventional cigarettes.

"Anti-smoking (nazis) advocates and public health (Pharma) officials say advertising for conventional tobacco products such as cigarettes triggers increased experimentation among young people, leading to more smokers"

"They worry the same scenario is playing out with e-cigarettes, which currently don't face the advertising restrictions that apply to traditional cigarettes. That's bad news, they say, because of evidence that nicotine use can negatively affect the developing brains of teenagers, because so much remains unknown about the long-term effects of e-cigarettes and because of the potential that young people who try them could wind up as regular smokers."

If advertising for conventional tobacco products such as cigarettes triggers increased experimentation among young people, leading to more smokers why don't they deal with that problem first?
Oh, that's right. They have been trying to for TWENTY YEARS and haven't gotten anywhere yet.

"They worry the same scenario is playing out with e-cigarettes, which currently don't face the advertising restrictions that apply to traditional cigarettes, because so much remains unknown about the long-term effects of e-cigarettes and because of the potential that young people who try them could wind up as regular smokers."

Of course since they started tracking vaping around 2009 the smoking rate among teens dropped so drastically in 5 years that it is the LARGEST drop in teen smoking in the history of the entire survey that they have been doing since the 1970's.
All this tells us is vaping is a gateway OUT OF combustible tobacco 99.5% of the time.
Every year the spin this as the old "Gateway to smoking theory" using the same playbook from the unproven gateway from weed to harder drugs.

"This is a problem," Frieden said. "Whatever you think about adult use of e-cigarettes, kids should not be using e-cigarettes."

Maybe Dr. Frieden has become so senile that he can not keep his lies straight.
This "study" is about teens seeing vaping advertisements.

Is Frieden now truing to blind the lines to make us believe that every kid that sees a vaping advertisement is going to decide that vaping is for them, try it and then get helplessly addicted to cigarettes, then become doomed to a lifetime of smoking related disease and death?

He must be living in a fantasy land because all related data even coming from the CDC says the exact opposite!

"CDC reported last year that the number of middle and high school students using e-cigarettes tripled from 2013 to 2014, eclipsing their use of traditional cigarettes."

Let me explain mathematically how they trick the sheep of America into believing that this is such a problem.

Let's have a hypothetical scenario:

I am in 9th grade. Me and 7 of my buddies tried vaping just so much as one puff.
All 8 of us put "Yes" on the survey for trying vaping.

I am now in 10th grade the same study comes around and 15 9th graders have tried vaping at least once their lifetime.
They check "Yes" AND Me and my 7 buddies check "Yes" since we said we tried vaping at least once on last years survey. (that doesn't mean we still vape)

So now in the two years Ecig use has TRIPLED amongst high school students.
When one puff one time counts as "use" the headlines can get pretty scary sounding

So 24 kids tried vaping at least once in their lifetime
By interchanging "use" and "tried vaping at least once in your lifetime" it makes for some pretty scary sounding headlines.

BUT, at the same time me and those 24 other kids didn't try cigarettes which are highly addictive from when Big Tobaccos chemical cocktail mixes with nicotine and we are now non smokers and 60% of us didn't even use nicotine when we vaped.

Vaping doesn't sound all that bad now does it? - 5150

Last edited:

HRC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"It's no coincidence that as the advertising has skyrocketed, the use of e-cigarettes has skyrocketed."
Where has advertising skyrocketed? I never see ads in my area.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Where has advertising skyrocketed? I never see ads in my area.

They are talking about big tobacco cigalikes like Blu & Vuse
Also Njoy & Finn

Reactions: HRC

VU Sponsors