Become a Patron!

Cant get a build right on my new tobh atty

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My friend just bought me the atty. Im trying to do a dual coil. I can't get it to fire. 28 guage. 10 wraps. Any ideas? Or perhaps a pic of build?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
28 guage, 10 wraps? Taking a stab that you've got it on a mech, that's quite high ohms. Try 5 - 6 wraps

Mtlblade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
what mod are you trying to use it on. have you checked the final resistance. 10 wrap 28 ga dual coil would be around .8 ohm with my coils.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what mod are you trying to use it on. have you checked the final resistance. 10 wrap 28 ga dual coil would be around .8 ohm with my coils.

It's possible and most likely they'll post back confirming it, but the size of the coil will determine the final resistance. That's why it's difficult to suggest resistance to a vaper using a certain size guage unless they have a way of measuring what they're wrapping it round

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you are trying to fire it on a regulated device that particular device may not read that low of resistance. My guess is you wrapped in the 2mm range which would put it in the .5Ω - .8Ω range.

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not registering. Even took out one side leaving it as a single coil. Won't even heat up? Tried a few times. Nada

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have it on a stingray

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I threw on an aero mega and that works.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
DSC00068a_zps54f1680f.jpg

Here is the tobh atty screwed into my stingray. The 510 pin is floating and should adjust automatically. It's one of the things about the stingray I really like. Perhaps yours is "stuck" extended too far? Push that pin up with a finger and try again.
DSC00067a_zps6f496fc3.jpg

Last edited:

DasBlunderbuss

Member For 4 Years
The center pin in the stingray is a floating pin. It is in mine anyways.
You made sure the post screws on the atty are all tight? I've had a problem like that where the screws backed out just a tiny bit and it wouldn't fire.

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its making connection and all the screws are tight. Wtf thank you guys for all your help

Cloud79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the 510 connection of the tobh itself. I just read a bit about it last night on here somewhere, they said the inner and outer 510 threads are so close it could be shorting out. Be sure to check that, you dont wanna bomb in your hand from testing that too much. Still learning the best coils for my newly bought Tobh as well. Good luck!

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the 510 connection of the tobh itself. I just read a bit about it last night on here somewhere, they said the inner and outer 510 threads are so close it could be shorting out. Be sure to check that, you dont wanna bomb in your hand from testing that too much. Still learning the best coils for my newly bought Tobh as well. Good luck!
Is this something that can be fixed or is it defective? Thanks for the input

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The center pin in the stingray is a floating pin. It is in mine anyways.
You made sure the post screws on the atty are all tight? I've had a problem like that where the screws backed out just a tiny bit and it wouldn't fire.
I don't much but if you look at the center screw it looks like the bend is hitting the screw I don't know if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloud79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is this something that can be fixed or is it defective? Thanks for the input
I hadn't thought much about that, I just heard about it. Although you can see the positive and negative under the atty. The 510 threads and the center post are positive and negative. Look at it and just be sure its center up as good as possible. I have had to adjust the one on my kayfun because it was off centered a bit and made me uncomfortable to think about. The spark plugs in you car shoot a good spark farther than that.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Depending on which clone you have, the 510 pin on the top cap may not be long enough to make contact with the TOBH. I ran into this problem with the black stingray from fast tech. The pin floated, but didn't stick up high enough to make contact with certain atomizers. I popped out the delrin, popped the contact out of it and sanded down the delrin a bit and put it back together. Worked like a charm. This is most likely the problem unless you've already resolved it.

VU Sponsors