ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
giphy.gif

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi and @gopher_byrd I have Chicken wire around my Seedling Buckets and the Garden Fenced in with 1 Inch Wire Fence.

1715975318117.jpeg
1715975355575.jpeg

Last Year the Birds I feed were eating my Cucumbers an I had to put a chicken wire wall in front of them which now I have to design something to really shield them!

I found that Squirrels don't like Irish Spring~! one little shit dig up my flowers seeds I planted for Mom~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
found a couple of the Bean Plants missing the tops?

Not sure if y'all get raccoons up that far. Sounds like some of their type of shenanigans. They would climb a fence to get at juicy bean plant tops. Seen them climb fences to get corn.

You'll end up needing a mouse. *chuckles* Thinking of the never ending nursery thing. You get a dog for a problem then the dog is the problem so you get a cat to get rid of the dog, so on until you need an elephant and a mouse to get rid of it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if y'all get raccoons up that far. Sounds like some of their type of shenanigans.

Yeah, put aluminum foil streamers on the top line of the fence. That'll distract, confound raccoons. Deer might also try craning a neck over a fence for succulents. Sage seems to have a reputation for fending them off. Worst case, you got a Dadoist Hillbilly custodian coming out of the WV hills to nip your beans off for reasons akin to black olives and sardines on pizza pie, and the price of thousand-year-old eggs. Him, you leave out a live catch trap for, a red bandana soaked in ice water ought to do.

In case you're a new reader, ... polymaths is fun, especially the self-taught variety. Also, I had a nice treat this morning. Got a dirty 'nilla cappuccino with a shot of amaretto, omelette crêpe. This I had in the Unity Cafe, they played Cafe Cubano music as I visited. It was a good wake up for an American mutt like me.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I went to make coffee this morning and our water is filthy rusty~! I had to use bottled water for the coffee and running the sprinkler right now. I will run them for longer to hopefully clear it out. I read on the Water District Website they are flushing the Mains. or it could be they had a fire locally.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did your rusty water get flushed out @SteveS45 ? Not fun waking up to that.

Yes, after I ran the front sprinklers for about a 1/2 hour it was clearing up. So I ran it for an hour in front and the back for almost another hour. Clean now plus I told my next door neighbor because I saw the door open and they were having breakfast so she ran her sprinklers.

VU Sponsors